Author Topic: Classes  (Read 2022 times)

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
Classes
« on: August 30, 2007, 08:32:14 AM »
OK, so I have just started showing Archie and I have been going through the schedules I have and am a little unsure on some of the classes.
Could anyone help please?
What is the difference between Junior Handling and Young Kennel Club Stakes?
What are CC Stakes and Reserve CC Stakes?
Can you enter your dog in AV Gundog if there is a Cocker class provided?
That should do for now.  ::)
Many thanks in advance.

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
Re: Classes
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 09:08:58 AM »
Anybody aged 6 - 11 years & 12 - 16 years old can go in Junior Handling which is judged on there handling not judged on the dog
To do the Young Kennel Club stakes you have to be a memeber of the YKC, YKC stakes are not judged on the handling the dogs would be judged on merit. Also to do a Y.K.C handling class again you have to be a YKC member.

You can only enter the CC & Reserve CC Stakes if your dog has a CC or a Reserve CC
A dog is not eligible for an entry in AV.. unless also entered in a breed class

:blink: Hope that helps

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 11:53:58 AM »
Thanks Sarah, that is very helpful indeed.

So the girl at our ringcraft who is a member of the YKC could do the Young Kennel Club Stakes with Archie then, as well as Junior Handling and if Archie were entered into a cocker class, he would then also be eligible to be entered into AV gundog, is that correct?  So if it says AVNSC gundog, does that mean he would not be able to enter that one if there was a cocker class on offer?

Also at what age would you enter a novice class?

I am a bit unsure of all the classes, so need to make sure I get this right, don't want to enter something I am not eligible for.  ph34r

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 01:39:04 PM »

So the girl at our ringcraft who is a member of the YKC could do the Young Kennel Club Stakes with Archie then, as well as Junior Handling and if Archie were entered into a cocker class, he would then also be eligible to be entered into AV gundog, is that correct?  So if it says AVNSC gundog, does that mean he would not be able to enter that one if there was a cocker class on offer?

Yes,that's correct  :blink:

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 01:46:28 PM »
So if it says AVNSC gundog, does that mean he would not be able to enter that one if there was a cocker class on offer?

Also at what age would you enter a novice class?

I am a bit unsure of all the classes, so need to make sure I get this right, don't want to enter something I am not eligible for.  ph34r

AVNSC stands for Any Variety Not Separately Classified, so yes, if there are cocker classes you are not eligible to enter AVNSC.

Dogs are usually entered in Novice after they are over 12 months old and out of Puppy. Have a look in the back of the schedule for a list of the conditions for entering each class.  ;)

Offline chelsea

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 05:58:37 PM »

Yes,that's correct  :blink:

I don't think it is. :-\

Yes she would be able to do the JHA handling and AV classes. ;)

But just read this on a shedule about the YKC handling.

'For any variety dog or bitch exhibited by a fully paid up member of the Young Kennel Club. The dog to be registered either

a)soley or jointly in the member's name
or
b)in the name of the family and under these circumstances the dog must be resident at the YKC member's address.

HTH!

And have lots of fun showing Archie..pics would be great! :D

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 02:01:02 PM »
I think that is the rules for the stakes class, chelsea?

Stakes class the member has to 'own the dog', or the dog lives in the same places as the member.

Handling, a member can handle anyones dog, just so long as you have permission to? They dont have to own the dog or live with it?

Also, I think you can enter YKC classes even if you are not a member, but you have to have become a member to be able to compete in any finals you qualify for? 

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 09:49:41 PM »
Thanks that was all very helpful.

Another question though, a bit different (not junior handling).  If you have a dog entered in say, puppy class and they win and you also have them entered in junior, can you withdraw then from junior to remain eligible for best puppy?  I keep reading the rules in the schedules and it says they can be withdrawn from all classes except breed classes, so I have got totally confused with it all now.   :embarassed:

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 10:11:13 PM »
Scenario for you Ann  :D

Sooty the black cocker spaniel is entered in 3 classes

Breed Classes Puppy & Junior and Any Variety Gundog Puppy.

Sooty wins the puppy class :banana: but must still compete in Junior. He also wins this class :banana: and is awarded Best Puppy in Breed. He can now be withdrawn from AV Gundog to compete for Best Puppy In Show.

You can withdraw from Variety classes, but must exhibit in all breed classes that you have entered.

hope that makes it a bit clearer :003:

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 08:51:07 AM »
Thank you sooo much.   :D  So if little Sooty didn't win junior  :'(  would he no longer be eligible for BPIB, or is it BPIS he would no longer be eligible for, or both.   :huh: 

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 11:51:11 AM »
If Sooty didnt win junior, but was only beaten by cockers aged over 12 months (i.e. he hadnt been beaten by a puppy) he is eligible to go in for Best Dog Puppy/Best Puppy In Breed, but not for Dog CC/Best Dog /Best Of Breed (BOB).  If Sooty was beaten by a puppy in another of his breed classes will would no longer be eligible for the Best Puppy award.

However, if he had been placed 2nd in junior, behind the eventual BOB winner, he would be eligible to go against the other class winners for the Reserve DCC/Reserve Best Dog /ReserveBOB.