Author Topic: Esure Pet Insurance  (Read 1772 times)

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
Esure Pet Insurance
« on: October 06, 2007, 05:07:37 PM »
Hiya,

I put a search on the forum for Esure insurance, but nothing has come up. Does anyne have any experience of them? They seem to be pretty good from what I have read. I've just been quoted £7.74 for their standard cover and £11.98 for their 'Plus' cover. This is for Roxy, working cocker for when she is 8 weeks. There is a £50 excess, 12 Month limit per illness on the standard cover, no time limit on the plus version.

If you have any experience good or bad, please let me know!

Many thanks,

Holly

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Re: Esure Pet Insurance
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 05:24:25 PM »
The Pet Plus policy looks comparable to many other policies - the standard cover is limited to 12 months worth of treatment - which is useless as cover chronic conditions which are usually expensive  :-\
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline wales07

• Site Member
  • Honey - rest in peace my precious
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 05:39:28 PM »
I wouldnt bother with a policy that only covers you for 12 months of an illness.You never know what may happen and its always better to be covered.
My MuM had tesco insurance for her golden retriever and that only covered for 12 months of an illness,he developed epilepsy,and other problems that required frequent tests and monthly medication.The insurance covered everything for the 12 months and then my parents had to struggle for years paying around seventy pounds a month for his medication.
Go for something that will cover an illness for life ...its worth the extra premiums.

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 05:52:51 PM »
Thank you both for your advice. I was leaning toward the more expensive cover - as you say, you're a bit stuck if a condition goes over the 12 months as in your parents case wales 07.

Well, I will check out a few more sites and do a few more comparisons to make sure! - I've got a little while before pup arrives.

Thanks again for your answers - very much appreciated!

Holly

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 07:33:45 PM »
Kennel Club and M&S have very comprehensive cover.

I lost out when I re-insured Charley with Dog Breeder's Insurance after I lost Benjie.  DBI had been brilliant, but were taken over by Cornhill who were anything but.  Unfortunately, Charley was diagnosed with keratoconjunctivitis sicca when he was six months old, and Cornhill refused cover for any eye condition at renewal.  I'm now with M&S and of course as his eye condition is pre-existing it is excluded. 

Until a few years ago it was costing about £52 per month for medication and veterinary fees.  Purely by chance I mentioned his condition to his French vet who suggested Fradexam.  This has worked miracles - although it is not as effective as it was for the first couple of years - and he has not suffered with keratitis since I have been administering it.  He also has to have Fucithalmic and Viscotears.  Fradexam is not available in the UK so I have to bring a supply back with me.

Make sure you get lifelong cover as you never know what might happen with your pup.