Author Topic: Loss of coat  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Nat

• Site Member
    • http://www.crazycockers.homestead.com
Loss of coat
« on: December 15, 2003, 01:45:55 PM »
Over the last year, my blue roan girl has started loosing coat on her feathering on the back leg.  It looks as if the "top" coat has been pulled out just leaving the undercoat...

I have now noticed that the undercoat has gone too  :?   She's not the sort of girl to loose tons of coat after a season ...  Ive taken her to the vet as she had also lost a tiny amount on the tip of her tail.  I thought it might have been mites or something...the vet dismissed this ..

I have not had any bloods taken yet, and the vet doesnt seem to be too worried ... but when you stand her, the loss of coat is very noticeable ...

She is now on Evening primrose oil and keepers mix (which she hates), and now wont eat her tea  :(

Sorry to go on, but anyone got any suggestions???                    
Nat

Simbarra Cocker Spaniels
www.crazycockers.homestead.com

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Loss of coat
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 03:49:08 PM »
Hi Nat

At LKA, they were doing a big promotion for Quistel which is meant to be good for coat loss, bald patches etc - haven't tried it yet myself (not that I have any bald patches :lol:) but it might be worth a go. Have a look at
www.quistel.co.uk. You could also try Stock Nutrition's Restore - it's a powder so Starr might not be too keen on it (though it doesn't smell like Keepers Mix does :wink:) I would also have her tested for underactive tyroid too just in case - it's a common cause of hair loss in older bitches (& dogs)

Jane                    
Jane

Offline Nat

• Site Member
    • http://www.crazycockers.homestead.com
Loss of coat
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 05:47:41 PM »
Thanks Jane, I will have a look at that site now., although Starr has just outright called me a liar, as she has eaten all her tea,......with the keepers mix  :?  :roll:                    
Nat

Simbarra Cocker Spaniels
www.crazycockers.homestead.com