Author Topic: Is my puppy completely mad?  (Read 2602 times)

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Is my puppy completely mad?
« on: December 18, 2003, 08:08:31 PM »
He's 11 weeks old this week, and allowed out in the garden now. Every time I take him out, he just tears round and round for 15 minutes, running like mad, and going bonkers!

I had read about limiting exercise, I assumed he'd just be fascinated with being outdoors, not running around like a mad thing! He does calm down and sniff, but 2 secs later, belting round the garden, I tell you I'm getting exercise! I had envisaged sedate sniffing sessions! :lol:                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 08:59:11 AM »
Hi Shonajay

No he isn't mad just being a typical puppy  :wink: My still have their mad half hours and they are 6, 4 and 2.                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2003, 09:16:58 AM »
Thanks, Dessie! I have had the nighbours dog for holidays, but never had a puppy, so was worried for a moment,lol. He's hysterical to watch, he loves going out now, he was funny the first few times, now waits by the door when I say walkies, bless him.

I'm glad he's normal,

thanks Shona x                    

Offline tittyfaloo

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2003, 03:54:28 PM »
Hi Shona,
Maggie is just the same. She is so full of herself!!
I have a fireplace showroom and she comes to work with me. I have had people stood at the window watching her tearing up and down the shop.
Sam & Maggie x                    
* KEEP SMILING *

Offline blossom

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2003, 09:15:01 AM »
Well I was of a similar persuasion.
I was told by my partner who has had spaniels all his life that they can be a little mad at times, but I laughed. :oops:

My little "cherub" is 9 months old and still a handful.  Apparently another 10 years and he becomes laid back. :D

We have decided to get him a playmate as he loves other dogs and is really good with them.  We are not having another cocker, but something of a directly opposite .  i.e.  as laid back as they come.
 :?
Good luck :wink:

Tracy                    

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2003, 12:59:36 PM »
Hi Shona,  
Maggie is just the same. She is so full of herself!!  
I have a fireplace showroom and she comes to work with me. I have had people stood at the window watching her tearing up and down the shop.  
Sam & Maggie x

Oh Sam, that made me laught, that's exactly what Indie does, runs up and down the kitchen - how old is Maggie?                    

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2003, 01:00:54 PM »
Well I was of a similar persuasion.
I was told by my partner who has had spaniels all his life that they can be a little mad at times, but I laughed. :oops:  

My little \"cherub\" is 9 months old and still a handful.  Apparently another 10 years and he becomes laid back. :D  

We have decided to get him a playmate as he loves other dogs and is really good with them.  We are not having another cocker, but something of a directly opposite .  i.e.  as laid back as they come.
 :?  
Good luck :wink:  

Tracy

Well, Indie is only 11 weeks so we have more madness to look forward too,lol!-what's your boy called?