Author Topic: Insurance Help!  (Read 2028 times)

Offline julsngraham

• Site Member
  • My Baby at 11 Weeks
Insurance Help!
« on: November 06, 2007, 02:26:05 PM »
Hi Folks

I just recevied Paddys renewal for his insurance and it has gone up to £213.48 ph34r  - Its so expensive - I thought it went down when he got past puppy stage!  and the cheek of it is that I now have to pay £50 excess - oh i forgot to say its with Marks & Spencer

Can anyone advise my best course of action, I do want a good level of cover - but my house insurance is less than this !

HELP

Offline julsngraham

• Site Member
  • My Baby at 11 Weeks
Re: Insurance Help!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 03:03:49 PM »
I've just gone onto Axa and it is £153 for the same things - so looks like I am going with them - They both have £50 excess now.  I'll hang on a couple of days to decide - its still a lot of money at this time of year!!!

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 03:06:56 PM »
I've just gone onto Axa and it is £153 for the same things - so looks like I am going with them - They both have £50 excess now.  I'll hang on a couple of days to decide - its still a lot of money at this time of year!!!

£153 for the same policy????

I am tied to M&S because of Hurley's leg so unless I can guarantee that nothing will ever happen to it again - I think I have to stick with it for the 'lifetime' illness cover.
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline julsngraham

• Site Member
  • My Baby at 11 Weeks
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 03:08:45 PM »
Well not the same policy but the same benefits.. 7k a year etc.. so it is a big help - I will go through it again in more detail but looked like all the main benefits were very similar on the M&S and AXA...  Just £70 cheaper!

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 03:09:05 PM »
There are a lot of threads about insurance and M&S price increases...I know Rachel (Cob-Web) did a comparison between all of them and while at a glance the AXA policy appears the same there are considerable differences in policy.

helen & jarvis x

Offline julsngraham

• Site Member
  • My Baby at 11 Weeks
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 03:10:54 PM »
Thanks...  I'll go and see if I can find the comparison...cheers

Offline JasperPop

• Jagger
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 09:41:29 PM »
I have got both of mine on petplan which is really expensive.....I pay £50 a month to them.  I looked at changing to another insurer but its not even about the cover advertised if you know what i mean, you hear so many horror stories of companies not paying out claims that I have never changed from pet plan ( had them for 4 years with our boxer).  I have never had to claim, but have heard that they pay out on more things than other companies...........I hope lol