Author Topic: Halifax Insurance  (Read 5504 times)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: Halifax Insurance
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 06:28:09 PM »
I'm with Halifax  :D  (well ok not me but all 3 dogs  ;) )

Had no problems with them at all  ;)

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 06:45:19 PM »
I'm with Halifax  :D  (well ok not me but all 3 dogs  ;) )

Had no problems with them at all  ;)

Have you made a claim.

I'm with Halifax too. but have never claimed. Just got my renewal through, last year it was 98.44 per year for ellie this year 107.76.

And for Sasha it was 100.7p last year year, This year 109. 45. So hasn't gone up very much. I have the extra cover.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 06:49:10 PM »
Halifax is one of the Insurance Companies that have written their policy in such a way that if you chose not to have your dog vaccinated their whole policy can be invalidated

Its stupid isn't it to think that may be a broken leg in a road accident could be equated with vaxing!

A cynic might believe it was deliberately written that way in order to provide "loopholes" to get out of paying claims   :-\
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 07:01:15 PM »
Still none the wiser with regards to claiming from them.  Thank god you've all got healthy dogs and haven't needed to.    :D

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 07:14:23 PM »
I've not claimed with them (Halifax) - but had to claim when Fern had the 6  free weeks Insurance from The kennel club - they were very good  :D (but a bit too expensive for me after the free period )

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2007, 07:27:01 PM »
Halifax is one of the Insurance Companies that have written their policy in such a way that if you chose not to have your dog vaccinated their whole policy can be invalidated

Its stupid isn't it to think that may be a broken leg in a road accident could be equated with vaxing!

A cynic might believe it was deliberately written that way in order to provide "loopholes" to get out of paying claims   :-\

I can't find anywhere in my policy that says the whole policy can be invalidated if the dog is not vaccinated.

It says, your pet must have regular annual checkups and be vaccinated against distemper, hepatitis, lepto, and parvo. All vacs must be administerd by a vet. Homeopathic vaccines are not acceptable. There is no cover provided for these conditions in the event that the required vaccinations have not been carried out.

I think most policies will exclude these diseases if not vaccinated.
One just isn't enough.

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 08:26:37 PM »

I can't find anywhere in my policy that says the whole policy can be invalidated if the dog is not vaccinated.

It says, your pet must have regular annual checkups and be vaccinated against distemper, hepatitis, lepto, and parvo. All vacs must be administerd by a vet. Homeopathic vaccines are not acceptable. There is no cover provided for these conditions in the event that the required vaccinations have not been carried out.

On page 1 of the policy summary (http://www.halifaxpetinsurance.co.uk/pet/schemes/pb/halifax/pages/HalifaxSummay.pdf) in the Type of Insurance and Cover section, under Conditions, it states that:

"You must ensure that your pet has received regular annual checkups and the required annual vaccinations, failure to comply with this may jeopardise your claim or cover."

This is the type of clause that can lead to whole policies being invalidated because of non-vaccination  :-\    Vaccination is not a "condition of insurance" for the Marks and Spencers policy, although it does exclude illness/death as a result of conditions that could have been vaccinated against are excluded.

There have been a few horror stories on the web about these types of policies and they way in which insurance companies endeavour to get out of paying claims if they possibly can using wording like this in the policies - of course, if your dog is vaccinated as required, then it isn't an issue  ;)
Oldies Club

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 08:47:14 PM »
]

[/quote]

On page 1 of the policy summary (http://www.halifaxpetinsurance.co.uk/pet/schemes/pb/halifax/pages/HalifaxSummay.pdf) in the Type of Insurance and Cover section, under Conditions, it states that:

"You must ensure that your pet has received regular annual checkups and the required annual vaccinations, failure to comply with this may jeopardise your claim or cover."

This is the type of clause that can lead to whole policies being invalidated because of non-vaccination  :-\    Vaccination is not a "condition of insurance" for the Marks and Spencers policy, although it does exclude illness/death as a result of conditions that could have been vaccinated against are excluded.

There have been a few horror stories on the web about these types of policies and they way in which insurance companies endeavour to get out of paying claims if they possibly can using wording like this in the policies - of course, if your dog is vaccinated as required, then it isn't an issue  ;)
[/quote]

Yes it does say that and then says - please refer to the general conditions in the policy wording for a full description.

Which states what I posted before. They won't cover for diseases which are covered by vaccination if they have not been vaccinated
One just isn't enough.

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 08:51:25 PM »
Halifax Insurance is invalidated if your dog does not have the annual booster vaccinations. I phoned them to ask when my renewal was up.

I have not yet had to make a claim so I do not know how good they are if/when you need to make a claim. :dunno:

I think as regards M&S and Halifax, it's a case of swings and roundabouts. M&S pays out slightly more, but the premiums are higher if you don't use it. I've saved about £300 so far by using Halifax instead. And my house insurance covers accidental damage so I don't need that from my pet insurance.  :-\

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 09:20:40 PM »
I stand to be corrected then.

So if you have a un vaccinated dog, that unfortunately gets injured, you are not covered. Just as well my two are vaccinated and vet checked every year. Doesn't seem right to me.
One just isn't enough.

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2007, 09:25:41 PM »
So if you have a un vaccinated dog, that unfortunately gets injured, you are not covered. Just as well my two are vaccinated and vet checked every year. Doesn't seem right to me.

That's the point though - insurance companies are there to make money for their Directors and Shareholders, and their methods often seem "wrong" to the unsuspecting customer  :-\

COL is fantastic for stuff like this cos (hopefully) people can avoid the pitfalls by sharing their experiences  ;)
Oldies Club

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2007, 09:48:20 PM »
Would there be any reason why I wouldn't vaccinate my puppy on an annual basis, is this something that you would choose not to do or am I starting another thread here.   Sorry for my ignorance here, I thought it was common practice to vaccinate dogs on an annual basis or is this something that cannot be done if for example they are ill?   :embarassed:   By the way, thank you all for your replies. 

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2007, 09:50:50 PM »
Would there be any reason why I wouldn't vaccinate my puppy on an annual basis, is this something that you would choose not to do or am I starting another thread here.   

Try this thread for info:
http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=24372.0
Oldies Club