Author Topic: Show Leads  (Read 4381 times)

Offline Nat

• Site Member
    • http://www.crazycockers.homestead.com
Show Leads
« on: January 19, 2004, 08:05:42 PM »
I was wondering if anyone could recommend another lead that I could use to show Grace with instead of the "standard slip lead".

A lady that used to breed and show cockers here in jersey, said that i could use a slimline half check for now, until she grows out of pulling my arms out... :roll:

I just wondered if anyone had tried and tested leads in the ring, and thought they were any good ..??                    
Nat

Simbarra Cocker Spaniels
www.crazycockers.homestead.com

Offline metpol fan

• Site Member
Show Leads
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 09:05:51 PM »
Hi Nat

I use a leather slip lead instead of a nylon one because i found them to harsh on the hands as Buffy pulls like a train sometimes plus i have had an extra bit sewn onto the lead that goes under her neck so it is wider and doesnt cut into her throat as i found she was quite sensitive there and wouldnt walk properly and she would gag, it is always difficult to pick a lead that will suit your dog, i was looking at a half check but it doesnt loosen off when you want to open the lead up and lay it over the shoulders when your have them in the stand, it is going to be trial and error.                    

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
Show Leads
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 09:44:23 PM »
I also use leather leads now, because since having a strong male to show I found the nylon ones were cutting into my hands.
The ones I use are made to order and availble from a lady who shows & breed Flat coats.
I am very pleased with them and have a black one for my blacks & one made to match my goldens, I sent her a cutting of my gold bitch's coat for the colour match !                    
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline Nat

• Site Member
Show Leads
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2004, 10:06:08 PM »
Thanks Diane & Kim., I think Accolade do leather slip leads to order., where did you both get yours from ..??  Kim has your lady got a website??  Also what sort of length do you find the best...my nylon ones are quite long, and I do prefer the longer leads ...                    
Nat

Simbarra Cocker Spaniels

Offline metpol fan

• Site Member
Show Leads
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2004, 10:31:17 PM »
I bought mine from luxway, but they did only have one on the stand so you might want to order it if you are going to use them or if you are going to use kims lady.                    

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Show Leads
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2004, 10:44:31 PM »
I also use leather leads now, because since having a strong male to show I found the nylon ones were cutting into my hands.
The ones I use are made to order and availble from a lady who shows & breed Flat coats.
I am very pleased with them and have a black one for my blacks & one made to match my goldens, I sent her a cutting of my gold bitch's coat for the colour match !

I use a leather lead as well and got it from the same lady as Kim mentions. If anyone wants her details they can PM me, but I will say that as she gets them made by someone else and depending on what the order book is like you may have a bit of a wait - I ordered mine at Bournemouth Champ Show (August) and it arrived just before Christmas! BUT I would wait that time all over again, it is absolutely lovely and very well made. I think it cost me about £15.....worth every penny. :D                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Show Leads
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2004, 11:10:24 PM »
We've got a nice black leather lead via the Flat Coat lady too - it's lovely & soft so well worth the waiting time :wink:                    
Jane

Offline Nat

• Site Member
Show Leads
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2004, 08:53:43 AM »
Well I think I'll get one from the flatcoat lady, Michele I'll PM you for her details if that's ok, and maybe I'll have it in time for paington !!                    
Nat

Simbarra Cocker Spaniels

Offline linda76

• Site Member
Show Leads
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2004, 10:34:06 AM »
Hi!

And about the nylon ones? Is that my little friends chew him and i quit to use leather leds...

the problem is that in Portugal we don't have much variety in show leads..... do you know any online sites where i can buy some???

Thanks,

Sandra                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Show Leads
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2004, 07:00:18 PM »
Hiya Linda....

I have the nylon kind and you can get them from Luxwayhttp://www.luxway.freeserve.co.uk/ or Hub Int. http://www.hubintsecured.co.uk/acatalog/P_index.html

Some more experienced members might have other links for you  :)

Gilly                    

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
Show Leads
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2004, 10:31:52 PM »
We've got a nice black leather lead via the Flat Coat lady too - it's lovely & soft so well worth the waiting time :wink:

The 'Flat-Coat' lady is 'Gayplume ' Flaties, My last one coat me £16 last year. She doesn't have a web site, but she is at most Champ shows, although she can be hard to come across, or you can tel before hand.  The leads are very strong ( thinks she said they will take 1 tonne weight - fine wire inside), came in a lovely soft leather and a varitey of colours.  

TorieX                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline Nat

• Site Member
Show Leads
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2004, 07:53:22 AM »
Thanks everyone, im going to give the flat-coat lady a call today .. :D                    
Nat

Simbarra Cocker Spaniels

Offline linda76

• Site Member
Show Leads
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2004, 10:30:20 AM »
Thanks Gilly!!!                    

Offline daftcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.chaysonniecockers.co.uk
Show Leads
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2004, 03:43:30 PM »
A gentleman does mail order for leather show leads in 14 colours at £15 each.  Leads by Guymar if any one wants his number send me a pm.                    
WWW.CHAYSONNIECOCKERS.CO.UK

Thanks susan and the gang

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Show Leads
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2004, 08:55:23 AM »
Just to say a BIG THANK YOU to Kim & Michele for the details of the Flatcoat Lady.  My leather leads arrived yesterday and I'm really really pleased with them.  Definately worth the money.

Thanks again ladies.                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands