Author Topic: Crufts COL List  (Read 15293 times)

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Crufts COL List
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2004, 02:00:10 PM »
Has anyone got bench numbers yet so we know where to head? Any ideas for a get together if people are up for it?                    
Anita

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Crufts COL List
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2004, 03:18:26 PM »
I think Kim gave her bench numbers as a meeting point which are 9096-9098...little does she know that the whole of COL will descend on her  :wink:  :lol:                    

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
Crufts COL List
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2004, 07:07:33 PM »
so we have a venua for the party (those who aren't sure just look for a large group of people screaming wildly at all the cockers!), but do we have a specific meeting time? I don't want to miss any of you !!!                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
Crufts COL List
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2004, 07:15:56 PM »
Well I'm coming from Scotland and having a stop over in Manchester the night before  :wink:  I asked my dad as he drives everywhere and knows everywhere and he said I would need to leave Manchester at 6.00am the very latest if I wanted to make Birmingham for 9.00am  :shock: due to the commuter traffic etc  :( So i will be there 1st thing hopefully  :?
Can anyone answer a quick question for me  :?:  because its a long day etc and because I'm bringing 2 kids, I thought it might be a good idea to bring 2 collapsible chairs (the ones that fold really small) in case I can't get a seat....is this a good idea??? I'm also coming heavily equiped with plenty of grub as I refuse to pay the rip off prices  :twisted:
You'll see me coming a mile off  :lol:  I'll be the one with the huge rucksack, chairs a tent, a camping stove......OK I'm kidding  :wink:  :lol:  :lol:

Edited to add.....I got my tickets today  :D                    

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Crufts COL List
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2004, 07:38:38 PM »
Got my tickets too  :lol: I dont mind what time- i'll probably be flitting about all day, but plan to get there earlyish, depending on the traffic.

I'm a bit concerned Kim - I hope too many people wont distract you or your dogs (or the people around you)?  :?                    

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Crufts COL List
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2004, 08:06:45 PM »
I'm a bit concerned Kim - I hope too many people wont distract you or your dogs (or the people around you)?  :?

My thoughs exactly Mike.  We can see how we go as long as it is still OK with Kim.  Maybe meet at her Benches and then move to a quieter area although saying that it is total bedlem by the Cocker Rings as they are such popular dogs  :wink:  Word must of got out  :wink:

I'll be bringing loads of Guernsey Gache all buttered with Guernsey Butter.                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
Crufts COL List
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2004, 09:53:05 PM »
Thanks for your thoughtfulness  :)

Depending on where my benches are, last year I was on an end of a row & had loads of room, but the year before, in the middle of a busy row opposite stalls.

Meet at my benches by all means, then see what the situation is ok ?

You all have to come for a tipple to celebrate with me tho, will have to decide what time is decent to open the wine !  :wink:                    
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
Crufts COL List
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2004, 01:00:11 AM »
I'm a bit concerned Kim - I hope too many people wont distract you or your dogs (or the people around you)?  

I was thinking the same thing Mike  :?  We wouldn't want people complaining by clogging up the benching area  :wink:                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Crufts COL List
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2004, 09:55:22 AM »
Will you lot stop going on about Crufts - it's just not fair :lol:  :lol: Seriously though, it's a good point Mike makes about clogging up the benches - last year Ruby's bench was right in front of the Cocker Club stand so you can imagine that it got a bit crowded round there! There's a grooming area at the back of the benches which is usually a bit quieter with more room to breathe so that might be an option for you all.                    
Jane

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Crufts COL List
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2004, 10:12:47 AM »
:(  :( I am not sure I will be making it to Crufts now :cry: , my chauffer (hubbie) has had his rest day cancelled :roll:   Its soo not fair, I wish I could drive on motorways :roll:

Will keep you updated if things change!

Was really looking forward to meeting everyone too :(                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Crufts COL List
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2004, 10:20:15 AM »
Emma, i will keep pestering (nagging )your dad. He's bound to give in sooner or later.  :wink:  :lol:                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Sarah_S

• Site Member
    • kennel coruscant
Crufts COL List
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2004, 11:17:17 AM »
And now to another silly question (hopefully the last one  :roll: ) Is there anywhere you can sit if you want to see all the judging, or do you have to bring a chair ?                    
Coruscant cockers and newfies
with homepage, now also in English.....

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Crufts COL List
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2004, 11:51:50 AM »
And now to another silly question (hopefully the last one  :roll: ) Is there anywhere you can sit if you want to see all the judging, or do you have to bring a chair ?

There is seating around both rings but seats get taken very quickly so it's usually standing room only by the time things get going :lol:                    
Jane

Offline Sarah_S

• Site Member
    • kennel coruscant
Crufts COL List
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2004, 01:00:09 PM »
oh dear....

Better get there early then, I do hope the driver agrees  :mrgreen:                    
Coruscant cockers and newfies
with homepage, now also in English.....

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Crufts COL List
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2004, 01:25:19 PM »
You all have to come for a tipple to celebrate with me tho, will have to decide what time is decent to open the wine !  :wink:

Count on it  :lol:

Hope you can make it MrsB and Indiesnan - maybe someone nr to you guys can give you a lift??