Author Topic: Something has got to change or they are going!!!!!  (Read 17623 times)

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
Re: Something has got to change or they are going!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2008, 12:27:55 PM »
Oh Gemma, huge hugs and cocker kisses from us, I can't even read some of the posts that have been made knowing what you have been going through, I hope you are ok and you know where I am if you need me!!!!

You need support emotionally and whereas no doubt there has been some fantastic advice already provided I hope that you get better very soon for both yours and the dogs sake! Darn men!  >:D

Cazzie

« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2008, 12:33:24 PM »
Hi Gemma  :blink:

Been thinking of you too  :luv: Im sure with all of us on here we will be able to help you through this rough time your having at the moment  :luv:

Its not a nice time of year for anyone with Illness, depression, weather etc etc and I know that my place can get on top of me with all the dogs somedays if im feeling down or ill, but I have got a few people who help me and working with them and their friendship and support it a huge comfort and always gives me that uplifted feeling to smile and enjoy things to their best.

If you need anything just shout, Id be more than happy to come down and help you out anytime, remember you are NOT alone  ;) :luv:

Carol and the mutts  :-*

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2008, 04:01:29 PM »
Hi Gemma,

I struggled with this post too as my first reaction was one of annoyance and I didn't want to reply at first as I wasn't sure what you wanted to hear.. In my honest opinion, you've taken on too much, you're not enjoying it and your dogs are suffering.. you've got the responsibility of house/finances and dogs on your own at the moment - you're only young and it's all become too much and having an impact on your social life, freedom and ultimately.... your happiness.

I'm not good at advising people that don't actually address problems in a positive way and do something about them, it's not in my make-up I'm afraid! However, if I try reeeeeeeeeeeally hard and put my biggest sympathetic hat on  ph34r, I would agree with some of the others that even if you're not actually depressed, your situation is getting you down. IMO it is ok for dogs to miss out on a walk occasionally as long as on the whole, their lives are of good quality. It sounds like your dogs are locked into a small room together from maybe 8am to 6pm everyday and not getting let out on walks around this.. you know this isn't fair on them and I suspect you're feeling really bad about it but addressing it by getting angry at them rather than standing back and saying 'ok this situation isn't working for me or the dogs, it needs to change how am I going to do this'.

I think you need to decide what you want at the moment from life and seriously consider if dogs fit into that or not. If not... it's no great shame to address that and do what's right for them and you and look at re-homing them. Maybe you'd be better off selling your house and moving into shared rented accommodation too for a while so you are not on your own so much right now and get properly away from all the memories and bad taste of the last few years and a proper fresh start.

You've posted on a forum for dogs so please don't get upset about a lot of people's reactions (including my own) on here. We're here, on the whole, to chat about our dogs and learn from each other and help where we can.. so of course you were going to get a ruffled reaction from what you posted. If it is a cry for help, then you are probably better going to people who are qualified to help with those sorts of issues.

Jan and Feb are my least favorite time of year. My house is disgusting, I'm a single parent and I have two dogs and a small muddy child trashing it every day, but that's the life I've chosen because I know that the rest of the year is much better and I also get SO much from living with my dogs and love the sense of achievement possible by putting hard work and training in and making it work for all of us.

If you decide to continue with your dogs then you must change what happens every day - if that means a dog walker or day care then organise that. Take some time off work to go back to basics with your dogs and train them both - toilet, lead walking and recall - you may actually really enjoy it and I suspect you'll  be amazed at the difference in them and how much they want to please you if given the right opportunity. It also might have a really positive affect on you and get you out of the hole/vicious circle you are in at the moment.

As I've said before, ignoring this or not addressing it will not improve anything and is not fair on you.... or the dogs.

I hope you are able to make some positive decisions soon..
Take care

Hannah x

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2008, 04:28:02 PM »
I have to say that I have read all the posts Gemma and completely agree with what Hannah has said.

Whatever the outcome something has to got to change and Im afraid the only person who can change the situation is you, be that with or without your dogs.

I realise that reading what has been written must be hard to take in and is probably not what you want to hear but you must do what is right for your dogs not yourself.

I hope it works out, whatever you decide to do.
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline Doggone Mad

• Site Member
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2008, 05:31:24 PM »
Nothing to add to the good advice already given. Things clearly can't stay as they are, so I do hope today marks a turning point for you. Get help to try and sort things out and improve the longterm quality of life for both your dogs AND you. 

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2008, 06:49:49 PM »
(((Gemma))) I hope you're lurking and you've read this thread.  There's lots of good advice and everyone wants whats best for you and your lovely dogs.

I have nothing to add other than I know myself if I'm feeling low, the house is a mess and life is getting me down, closing the door on it all and taking Melody out for a long walk always helps clear my mind  ;)

You aren't superhuman but you and your dogs welfare is paramount so look after yourself and them, the house can wait.

Thinking of you xxxxx
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2008, 08:50:32 PM »
Thinking of you, actually I was thinking about you until the early hours this morning as I have been unable to sleep due to my bloomin cold!!.  I don't know your full circumstances but whatever they are please let us know how you are doing, we all really want the best for you and your dogs :luv:, as Mairi said and I can add that I feel low with a messy house and everything getting on top of me - you are not alone.

Seriously if re-homing isn't an option and I don't blame you if it isn't as no matter how bad life gets I know my dogs are always with me, I am sure we can help you sort out a short term solution for your dogs well being until you are feeling up to giving them all the fun times they have had with you in the past - if you want it those times will be back - I promise.
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2008, 09:07:50 PM »
Gemma I'm still thinking of you and I'm going to say something here that may or may not help... but if I can help where I can I will, I'm also going to email you! If you're struggling with the two dogs I will happily look after one for you until you are better, I'll even drive to you to pick them up!  :-\ I just hope you are well!

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2008, 10:09:01 PM »
I 100% agree with everything Hannah has said - you need to do something ASAP Gemma or things will only get worse for you & the doglets & it's not fair on them.

from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Cazzie

« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2008, 10:12:09 PM »
I dont know about you guys but im gettin worried now  :-\ Does anyone know Gemma that can get in touch personally  :-\

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2008, 10:17:22 PM »
I dont know about you guys but im gettin worried now  :-\ Does anyone know Gemma that can get in touch personally  :-\

She hasn't been on line since yesterday, am sure she is fine  :D

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2008, 06:24:36 AM »

She hasn't been on line since yesterday, am sure she is fine  :D

Yes I am getting worried to - anyone got her mobile no or phone no and give her a ring to check she is ok??

Offline LouiseAS

• Inactive
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2008, 11:30:30 AM »
Just had an email from Gemma.

She is ok and I'm sure she'll be on here soon to update everyone.
Louise & my beautiful girl Meg xx

Offline caro

• Donator
  • Sam
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2008, 11:31:36 AM »
That's good news - thanks  :D
Caroline & Sam RIP Fern x RIP Charlie Cat x

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2008, 11:32:39 AM »
Brilliant - thanks Louise! x

My Girls - Molly & Honey