Author Topic: first show  (Read 2003 times)

Offline shaz

• Site Member
first show
« on: February 21, 2004, 06:59:52 PM »
hi everyone ,
i need a bit of advice , i am taking my pup flo to her first show on 21st march it is the morcombe show, i have sent my entery off last week, but what do i do when i get there, and were do i go first, i am very nervous  as it is also my first show too.
shaz.                    
sharon  mellow,  harley , shayla and havana.
please visit my new web site
www.evanavacockerspaniels.moonfruit.com

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
first show
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 10:07:01 AM »
Hi Shaz

Don't worry - everyone has to start somewhere & there will be plenty of other people at the show to tell you what to do & where to go. Often there is a board by the door telling exhibitors what breeds are in what rings but if not, ask at the Secretary's table & someone will point you in the right direction to the Cocker ring. Get there early so you have plenty of time to suss out where everything is & you will be fine :) If you are taking a crate for Flo to rest in, you may need to put this in a separate area but usually crates are put along the wall by the ring - just copy what everyone else does :lol:

HTH

Jane                    
Jane

Offline daftcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.chaysonniecockers.co.uk
first show
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 12:07:10 PM »
Hi Sharon,

Flo will be fine she will take it all in her stride. Enjoy your day (and smile)

Little flo is an angel and has won best pup in training for two months on the trot, not bad eh                    
WWW.CHAYSONNIECOCKERS.CO.UK

Thanks susan and the gang

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
first show
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 12:17:11 PM »
Good Luck shaz and Flo  :D Let us know how you get on  :wink:

Gilly                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
first show
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004, 01:17:38 PM »
Good luck shaz :D  Easier said than done but try and not be too nervous - just enjoy your day(says me who will be a gibbering wreck at my first show :wink: ). I'm sure little Flo will be just fine :)                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Eljay

• Site Member
first show
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2004, 02:33:35 PM »
Hi Shaz,
It's no good me telling you not to be nervous, cause when I did my first show last year I was petrified. :?  Alfie on the other hand thought it was great fun. As Jane says make sure you get there early as it will help you settle a bit before you have to go in the ring. Are you going on your own or will you have someone with you for morale support? Once you've done it you'll wonder why you got in a tiz. (I know I did) and now I really enjoy it. Although I still get nervous before I go in the ring. You'll meet some lovely people at the shows and most of them are really helpful, especially when they know you're new to it all. At least that's what I found.
Lots of luck, and let us know how you get on.                    
Alfie, and Jay J. together over the Rainbow Bridge. Always in our hearts but dreadfully missed.

Offline shaz

• Site Member
first show
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2004, 04:56:33 PM »
thanks for all your advice and kind words,  i will let you know how we get on , my 12 year old daughter is coming with me, she is going to take photos so i will try and post some ,

shaz                    
sharon  mellow,  harley , shayla and havana.
please visit my new web site
www.evanavacockerspaniels.moonfruit.com

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
first show
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2004, 07:11:04 PM »
Hello Shaz, hope it all goes well with Flo and I'm sure you'll both enjoy yourself immensly :wink:                    
Mary & Lottie x