Author Topic: Why Ardern Grange?  (Read 9338 times)

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
Re: Why Ardern Grange?
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2008, 05:12:19 PM »
I think AG is the best dry food available but I have found Nature Diet even better - not half so much wastage at the other end! :005:
Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2008, 06:59:56 PM »
I feed arden grange with a small amount of naturediet as there's too much of a minefield with other brands such as JWB. Mine were on that to start with but I can get AG cheaper and as its totally holistic and definitely has nothing to do with animal testing I can be guilt free with healthy dogs!

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline bev6951

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2008, 07:33:17 PM »
I think I will just stop reading food threads

My boy liks JWB and that's that

Hey, I eat doner kebabs when sober so I am no good either  :005:

I love a good Doner Kebab  :luv:  but they dont half make your fingers stink  :lol2:
:rofl1:  :rofl1:  :rofl1:  :rofl1:  too true too true!!
Bev, Wilson & Mylee xxx

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2008, 09:04:09 PM »
Have been doing some reading and it sounds like the company that owns JWB does animal testing so I will definately change the food. How long would I have to keep feeding the puppy JWB before I can start introducing a new one?

I expect you'll be wanting to avoiding all other Mars products too ;) If you want to know what they are, you'll find info on the company website HERE

And for those who avoid Iams, here are the other P&G products which they may wish to avoid.

http://www.pg.com/common/product_sitemap.jhtml

It's not a complete list by any means , Ariel & fairy liquid should be on there too  :-\

Offline tracyd

• Site Member
  • my lion
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2008, 09:09:46 PM »
Imo I would rate James well beloved higher than Arden grange and if it was me Id keep him on that  ;)

Same here, Bailey has been brill since i changed to jwb

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2008, 09:16:14 PM »
Imo I would rate James well beloved higher than Arden grange and if it was me Id keep him on that  ;)

Same here, Bailey has been brill since i changed to jwb

and here, it is all a matter of personal opinion, there are lots of things in life that we all may not quite agree with ethically, but at the end of the day it will all come down to what the owner wants to give, and what the dog thrives on.

I think the 'what food to give' has become a minefield, with all of us having our own opionions on what is right and what is wrong.  That is what makes us all different, and the world an interesting place to live in.  As long as it all stays as personal preferences and does not end up being, what you 'should' and 'should not'' give then it is great

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2008, 10:16:20 PM »
Royal Canin is another brand owned by Crown Pet Foods but for some reason it's JWB that always gets rubbished on forums rather than Royal Canin so I feel a bit sorry for them ;)

and guess what Florence is fed on................ yup! 

As are my 3 and my last litter was raised on it, their milk is very good/ Mine do get some raw too.

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2008, 10:21:41 PM »
Mine do get some raw too.

Yeh mine do too they get a right mixture really! ... free flow tripe, chicken, rabbit, lamb, beef and a marrow bone regulary and they love the new Natures Menu Banquet nuggets has anybody else tried them?

Visit our website

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2008, 10:29:51 PM »
Yeh mine do too they get a right mixture really! ... free flow tripe, chicken, rabbit, lamb, beef and a marrow bone regulary and they love the new Natures Menu Banquet nuggets has anybody else tried them?

No, are they any good?

Billy would much prefer raw food, but I find it makes him bad tempered  ::)

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2008, 10:35:55 PM »
Billy would much prefer raw food, but I find it makes him bad tempered 

Oh dear :-\ no i haven't found that with mine.

They really like the nuggets they have got chicken, tripe, lamb, heart, liver and vegetables in - 100% meat and vegetables - they are really convienient aswell as they are in small cubes so you can defrost them easily.

Visit our website

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2008, 10:38:39 PM »
They really like the nuggets they have got chicken, tripe, lamb, heart, liver and vegetables in - 100% meat and vegetables - they are really convienient aswell as they are in small cubes so you can defrost them easily.

oohh may try them thanks  ;)

Cazzie

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2008, 10:38:59 PM »
Billy would much prefer raw food, but I find it makes him bad tempered 

Oh dear :-\ no i haven't found that with mine.

I may look into the tripe ones for Sweepie, thanks for that  :D

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2008, 10:39:55 PM »
Do the tripe ones stink?

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2008, 10:53:33 PM »
No I don't think so...I don't find tripe that stinky unless you heat it (or maybe I have just got used to it!!), if you let it defrost naturally it doesn't smell half as bad as if you cook or microwave it....

I don't think they just do tripe ones on there own, they contain all of the meats i listed or you can get lamb, rice and vegetable nuggets. Def worth a try, mine love them :D

Visit our website

Cazzie

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2008, 10:55:15 PM »
No I don't think so...I don't find tripe that stinky unless you heat it (or maybe I have just got used to it!!), if you let it defrost naturally it doesn't smell half as bad as if you cook or microwave it....

I don't think they just do tripe ones on there own, they contain all of the meats i listed or you can get lamb, rice and vegetable nuggets. Def worth a try, mine love them :D

Ah if it mixed then I wont bother, it gives mine the runs, tripe on its own would have been superb  :'(