Author Topic: Why Ardern Grange?  (Read 9339 times)

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Re: Why Ardern Grange?
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2008, 10:11:37 PM »
Oh didnt notice the fish one was dearer  :embarassed: ..was thinking about that one.

Gosh you must go through a lot of food Nic  :D
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2008, 10:13:56 PM »
Jessie is currently being fed a prescription diet which costs an arm and a leg......a 14kg bag costs well over £65 from our vets...cheaper on the net but we have to pay a consult fee to getthe prescription so its not worth it!!

Luckily the insurance are paying so far...I'd love to be able to find a cheaper (better) diet that suits her  >:(

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2008, 10:51:18 PM »
Thanks Jane... I got the sample of the fresh fish one though and that's more expensive, it's £46.90 for 13.5kg. The 'problem' really is Alfie, he needs ridiculous amounts of food to maintain his condition. He has no body fat and it's impossible to put weight on him, he's very muscular and healthy but you can see his ribs most of the time and even to maintain him like that he needs over 500g of Arden Grange Premium a day plus extras. He was also on huge quantities when he was on a wholly BARF diet so he'd probably still be the same on the Orijen, half a rabbit is one meal for him but according to others on here that would be 2 or 3 meals for their dogs!  ph34r Rodaidh also tends to the skinny side so needs more than the recommended amount and Tilly's just big so eats more than your average cocker too. It's like having three bottomless pits  ::) :005:

Ah right, yes the fishy one is more expensive. Sounds like you would have to feed quite a bit more than I'm giving our two girls (I've even had to cut them down to just a small handful twice a day as they were putting on weight on Orijen :005:)

Jane

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2008, 07:01:33 PM »
I've even had to cut them down to just a small handful twice a day as they were putting on weight on Orijen :005:)

Don't think my two had better try that then  :005: ...have decided to give Arden Grange a try, their light variety.  If it stops then seeming so hungry great, if not havent really lost anything  :D
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"