Author Topic: Advice on what to expect at 1st ringcraft class - Updated  (Read 3845 times)

Cazzie

Re: Advice on what to expect at 1st ringcraft class - Updated
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2008, 10:32:47 PM »
Great your enjoying it too like us  :shades:

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2008, 10:35:22 PM »
I had it planned that the OH would do the handling, but each week its been me and I am really enjoying it so he isnt getting a look in.  :005:

Cazzie

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2008, 10:38:15 PM »
I had it planned that the OH would do the handling, but each week its been me and I am really enjoying it so he isnt getting a look in.  :005:

:lol2: :lol2: Good on you  :shades:

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2008, 09:50:22 PM »
Glad you and Alfie are enjoying it Patsy, if you want to practice at home, like any training with a puppy keep it to just a couple of minutes at a time and always finish on a good note. :D

When mine are little I'll take the odd moment and just practice a stand on the back door mat, and I have been known to check their teeth when I've been sat on the loo & they come for a cuddle.  ph34r :005:

Might only be a few seconds standing, but finish before they break the stand and then it's "yaaaay clever puppy!!!" :banana:

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2008, 10:03:41 PM »
Michele, I wish I could get near his mouth.  :005: When he is sleepy it is fine, other than that he just tries to chew fingers.  ::) Any tips on how to change that? Other than the lav trick.  :lol2: Eh thats were the OH could step in and contribute.  :lol2:

Also is it ok to lure them into the stand position with a treat? He squirms when I put my hand under his botty, but seems to get in position for food.

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2008, 10:27:42 AM »
I'd say use whatever, whenever to get results, maybe using special treats at this time.
He's still very young but I'm sure it'll click eventually. :shades: