Author Topic: diffuser for calming your dog  (Read 2348 times)

ziggy

diffuser for calming your dog
« on: March 08, 2004, 02:34:27 PM »
hi all,just wondering if anyone else has tried the plug in diffuser ,i have a 2 yr old cocker jasper who does get very anxious i took him to the vet to see if he could give me some tips,,i had tried everything,he started to get aggressive at times,so he sold me this plug in,,it has worked a treat,,i can,t smell it but apparently it gives off the same smell as the mother when she feeds her pups,he has calmed down alot and does not bark at dogs passing the house anymore and has adopted a very laid back manner now :D                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 03:17:52 PM »
I use the DAP diffusers - think they are the greatest invention ever :wink:  :D                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

ziggy

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 03:23:13 PM »
hi gill great,, i thought it was all in my head,he really is a different dog in the anxious dept,,thanx for the reply,,,ziggy :wink:                    

ziggy

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 10:52:37 PM »
a week after the diffuser ,,,jasper does not bark at dogs passing the window(he,s at the window all day watching mommy work)he,s so laid back now,he doesn,t bark at people coming in showing me their dogs,he doesn,t shout and scream at the postman,,,whoopdedoo jaspers a happy bunny,,ooops cocker :D                    

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 10:56:01 PM »
I use the DAP diffusers - think they are the greatest invention ever :wink:  :D

Here Here :D  I've been using them for my welshie for nie on 2 years now and we haven't looked back :D

Torie & co                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 11:02:09 PM »
Can anyone give me any more info on these or point me to a site where there is info? My mum took on her second rescue dog yesterday (staff/mastiff cross)and she is sometimes aggressive with other dogs, the vet suggested a water pistol but the diffusers sound a better idea.                    

ziggy

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2004, 11:04:14 PM »
hi padfoot go to your local vet they should know about it,,you asked me where i lived in b,ham  kings heath,me,,what about you cause i could tell you the vets i bought it from ziggy x                    

Offline Tori

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2004, 11:12:28 PM »
Can anyone give me any more info on these or point me to a site where there is info? My mum took on her second rescue dog yesterday (staff/mastiff cross)and she is sometimes aggressive with other dogs, the vet suggested a water pistol but the diffusers sound a better idea.

The diffuser is called D.A.P. and is made by Ceva Sante Animale i have looked on their site but unfortunately they don't give any information on it but if you go to your vet they will be able to give you an imformative leaflet about it

Torie & Co                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

ziggy

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2004, 11:25:52 PM »
torie,,didn,t know they have been out for that long,,could have saved alot of letters getting shredded ha ha ,,anyway they are great pity they cost more than the ambi pur,,cough cough just a bit,,but well worth it :D                    

Offline Tori

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2004, 11:28:10 PM »
torie,,didn,t know they have been out for that long,,could have saved alot of letters getting shredded ha ha ,,anyway they are great pity they cost more than the ambi pur,,cough cough just a bit,,but well worth it :D

We trailled them at work and as my Sasha is slightly blonkers I was chosen

Torie x                    
Tori & Co x

Offline Katherine

• Site Member
    • http://www.howellsdesign.co.uk/katherine//
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2004, 11:37:18 AM »
what are DAP diffusers???                    
Katherine and Barnaby

Offline Tori

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2004, 01:58:01 PM »
what are DAP diffusers???

They work on the same lines as plug in air fresheners, in that you plug them in to the mains.  The diffusers carry a natural pheramone which is supposed to be the same as that which is given of by the mother when she is nursing babies, thus it gives of a calming influence.  The diffuser covers an area of 50 - 70 sq ft and each vile lasts 4 wks and you can buy refills there after.  They do say that it can take upto 2 wks for it to reach its full effect.  We have had big success at work with them.

HTH

Torie & Co x                    
Tori & Co x

ziggy

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2004, 08:46:29 PM »
well ,,the vets have got a regular now,looks like i,m going to spend my pocket money on these diffusers,jasper is great,dogs are safe to pass by our window,people can come in for a haircut(phew,or no pocket money)and all is hunky dory,viva la diffuser :lol: