Author Topic: Crufts video  (Read 3193 times)

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Crufts video
« on: March 09, 2004, 01:02:47 PM »
Hi everyone.

I managed to take nearly 50 mins of footage when at crufts - and I'd like to share it with anyone who is interested :D The vast majority is footage of the cocker rings including Michele, Tracey and Kim in action, also Andrew showing Ruby as she wins her class, and finally the best in breed! (I did get up to stretch my legs a few times, so there's some brief extra footage eg. of some springers and the Pets as Therapy ring). Bear in mind I've only used the camcorder once, so dont expect BBC standard quality footage, and I'll need the coming weekend minimum to make the copies etc! :lol:

If you'd like your own copy of the footage, you'll need to send me a video tape, plus £1 to cover postage (that's a guestimate, but I think fair). Also, it would be nice if you could make a small donation to cockersonline (I wont follow this up, but as you all know it is important that the forum is funded in order to continue. If you're already a good donator, then of course this doesnt apply to you :wink:)

If you'd simply like to borrow a copy, then same as above only dont send me a tape.

PM or email me at mike@cockersonline.co.uk for my details if you're interested.

Mike :D                    

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Crufts video
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 01:17:11 PM »
Excellent idea Mike - I think everybody that has one should at least donate £3 to COL ........  If its is good (which I'm sure it is) other Cocker Folk would love one.                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Crufts video
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 02:04:38 PM »
What a great idea Mike :D  Now just bear with me until I get round to finding a blank tape :wink:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Crufts video
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 05:17:47 PM »
I'll be ordering a copy too. :D It's got to be better than the shoddy BBC coverage, unless it's got Mike & Co running round doing some dumb treasure hunt like the self indulgent presenters on TV did. :roll:

Are Linda W and Pippa in the PAT footage ? As I recall they was a chance of them appearing in the display.                    

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Crufts video
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 06:31:10 PM »
I really only got about a minutes worth of the PAT ring Colin - I stumbled across it while desperately trying to find some coffee! :lol: There was a PAT cocker who I managed to get a glimpse shot of through the crowd though, so perhaps that was Linda?                    

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
Crufts video
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 07:32:17 PM »
Mike - I was there on Thursday with Pippa!  Did you get some footage of us on the PAT parade?  We were in 2 parades on that day.  Pippa is a liver and tan cocker.  I would be interested in getting a copy of the video if we are on it!! :roll:                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Crufts video
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2004, 07:56:01 PM »
Oooh, great! I'd love a copy too, and will happily make a donation to you and COL.

I missed a lot of the cocker coverage.                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline linda76

• Site Member
Crufts video
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2004, 12:44:49 PM »
Well mike, i' positive that was you that was near me....

Next year i might talk...... :oops:  :oops:                    

Offline Sarah_S

• Site Member
    • kennel coruscant
Crufts video
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2004, 06:00:11 PM »
I've just seen the video (again) and I have a few questions to you who have seen it....

At Crufts we met a very nice old man who was guiding us in the show system and whos's who  :D  I never caught his name, but I know he was a judge and I know that he have awarded Quettadene Copper Glow a CC... But he's also on the video several times so I do hope that someone can tell me his name (embarrasing  :oops: i didn't get it)

1.st appearance is kim and her red cocker bitch running up and down, after she has been picked. His sitting on the ringside next to his wife (white haired lady) he's wearing a beige coat. I'm sitting next to him on his other side, and yes it is me who looks like a easteuropean shot put  athlete from the 80'ties....  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  

His voice is heard while the red bitch is on the table

2. appearance
Just after Kim has been showing her black male, just before wieving the next bitch class where Tracey and her black bitch has entered

I (and Pia) is writing an article to our spaniel magazine and there some details that we can't remember, must the judge make a written report on the first 3 placed dogs in each class? why and to whom???

What was the first name of the female judge? i would like to have her requested as a judge in DK sometime, she seemed nice especially compared to the male judge........ :shock: (although i didn't agree in some of her judging..... :wink: )                    
Coruscant cockers and newfies
with homepage, now also in English.....

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Crufts video
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2004, 11:13:20 PM »
Could it have been George Caddy you were speaking to Sarah? I can hear his voice quite clearly on the video - not sure if he has awarded a CC to Copper Glow though so will have to have another look at the video!

The bitch judge was Glenis Williams (Wistaston English Setters). Yes the Crufts judges are expected to do a written report on the first 3 dogs in each class which is then published in the dog press (Dog World & Our Dogs) The bitch judge's report has already been published in this week's Dog World.

Jane                    
Jane

Offline Sarah_S

• Site Member
    • kennel coruscant
Crufts video
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2004, 11:33:21 PM »
It could be him, the white haired lady could be Joyce Caddy according to the pic in the yearbook...still not sure though.... :oops:

So I have to subscribe to one of these magazines to see the reports then... :( Are they worth reading?

Is it only on Crufts they're supposed to do a written report?                    

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Crufts video
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2004, 10:24:33 AM »
If only you'd known it was George Caddy Sarah, you could have asked for him to send you a signed copy of one of his books as he did seem to take quite a shine to you - maybe next year! :D                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Crufts video
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2004, 02:41:33 PM »
Just checked the video again & yes, the man with the beige jacket is George Caddy & it is his voice I can hear when Kim's red girl is on the table - you missed your chance there Sarah :lol:

Re show reports, a lot of people only buy Dog World or Our Dogs for the show reports - as with all critiques, whether they are worth reading depends on the writer :wink: All judges are expected to submit reports to the dog press but some don't bother - for all-breed open shows, just the first dog in each class gets a report, for breed club open shows, it's the first & second dogs who get a report, it's the same also for Championship shows (except Crufts)

Jane                    
Jane

Offline Sarah_S

• Site Member
    • kennel coruscant
Crufts video
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2004, 07:21:47 AM »
Nice going Sarah  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

I see that him and his wife has been writing a number of books....  :roll:

Was Miss Williams reports worth reading? She did quite a note job during the examination of the dogs (from what I saw), she might as well had done written critics on all the dogs. My "friend"  :roll: George Caddy told me, that you often only read the good things about a dog in the reports, is that true?                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Crufts video
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2004, 10:11:47 AM »
My "friend"  :roll: George Caddy told me, that you often only read the good things about a dog in the reports, is that true?

Yes quite often as judges know that some exhibitors are not happy if their dog's "failings" are mentioned in print :lol: This can make for boring reading if all the judge says is "nice head, moved well" etc :wink: Some judges do try & say why one dog was better than another without being "unkind" but not many. Some also give an overall impression of what they thought of the entry which can be interesting - the Crufts judge for example wasn't terribly impressed with some of the heads she saw on the day.                    
Jane