Author Topic: Crufts Protest??  (Read 1953 times)

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Crufts Protest??
« on: March 18, 2004, 02:38:30 PM »
I have only just remembered this, I was watching the crufts final on tv when there was some sort of Protest?? does anybody know what they were about?

Michelle                    

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Crufts Protest??
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 02:39:56 PM »
I think it was a protest about Iams and testing on animals? Could be wrong about the last bit.                    
Anita

Offline Beano and Charlies mum

• Site Member
    • http://img20.photobucket.com/albums/v60/beanosmum/
Crufts Protest??
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 03:05:18 PM »
The protest during the Best of Show judging was done by members of PETA UK (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals). There is a brief report on the PETA UK website at www.petauk.org.

They were protesting against Iams being the main sponsors of crufts. Iams parent company Pedigree/Masterfoods are supporters of animal testing.

There is a whole thread about the protest on another forum if anyone is interested
http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.ph...&t=28853&st=200

Sam                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Crufts Protest??
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 04:50:27 PM »
Iams is an American company. Pedigree/Masterfoods isn't their parent company (Pedigree/Masterfoods is owned by Proctor & Gamble I think?) PETA object to Pedigree/Masterfoods keeping dogs/cats in their kennel facilities to taste test their foods etc but the Crufts protest was specifically aimed at Iams who have in the past been involved with animal testing. I used to be a member of an animal rights organisation in my student days but am now older & wiser - my advice would be don't take everything you read on an animal rights website as gospel truth :wink: PETA in particular is an extremist group who do not agree with people keeping pets full stop :roll:                    
Jane

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Crufts Protest??
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 05:25:35 PM »
PETA in particular is an extremist group who do not agree with people keeping pets full stop :roll:

According to them we keep our pets as slaves ...... and there was me thinking I was a slave to my dogs. :lol: They are even against people drinking milk. :roll:

Uncaged appear to be the more sensible side of the anti-Iams protest, more about educating people than pulling silly attention-seeking stunts like PETA.                    

Offline Beano and Charlies mum

• Site Member
    • http://img20.photobucket.com/albums/v60/beanosmum/
Crufts Protest??
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 08:33:01 PM »
Sorry !!! :cry:  Just copied it from the link i gave. Was just trying to answer the question !! Thats why i put the link to the full thread !!

Sam