Author Topic: nature diet  (Read 2688 times)

Offline xlisax

• Site Member
  • Ellie & Max
nature diet
« on: April 20, 2008, 09:47:08 AM »
i was just wondering if anyone feeds there dogs this and if it is anygood
as some of you may know max has food allergies, he has been on hills prescription zd which has cured his problems, but he has gone right off of it and will not eat it even if i soak it, i have been looking for a sutible meat to mix with his hills so he will eat it again and found this nature diet in pets @ home, it all looks ok to me and they are recomended for digestion problems.

any info on what ppl on here think would be greatly appriciated :shades:

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: nature diet
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 09:55:16 AM »
Naturediet is a good complete food - I wouldn't bother mixing it with the Hills TBH  ;)

Is he ok on rice?  From memory Naturediet has rice in it....
helen & jarvis x

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 09:55:31 AM »
Nature Diet is a very good wet food and I feed it to my own dogs. If your dog has allergies though it may not be a good idea to mix it in with the Hills, it can be too much for some dogs digestions (as I have learnt with one of mine!) Wet foods digest at different to dry foods. If your dog has food allergies there are lots more dry foods that are good for dealing with this. Arden Grange, Byrns and JWB etc are all hypoallergenic and very good quality. Some of them also have a special one for dogs with sensitive tummies. Hills is okay but vets recommend it as they get commission for selling it.... its way overpriced and the cost does not tally up with the quality IMO.

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 01:46:28 PM »
Mine get Naturediet occasionally as a bit of a treat, they really like it but I don't mix it with their dry food (Arden Grange), they just have it on its own. You can get a Sensitive variety of it, it stinks but the dogs like it.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline gashley

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 02:28:56 PM »
Hello,

My 2 have nature diet with burns mixed in. They get on great with it and never turn their nose up at it.

Hope you don't suffer too many changes with the change but I am sure it will be eaten ok.

Let us know how you get on.

Gail, Jakey and Scooby
Gail, Ian, & 4 boys, Jakey and Scooby !!

Offline xlisax

• Site Member
  • Ellie & Max
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 02:55:54 PM »
i have tried every other dry food on the market and he couldnt eat any of them, hills zd and royal canin sensitivity control are the only 2 foods that dont upset his tummy,

regards the mixing of the 2 i was only going to add a little of the meat to see if i can get him to eat, if it agrees with him and if he is ok with the meat then id slowly faze out the dry, i dont want to do a complete change over as he wont cope with that.

and also i have £30 bag of the zd that i cant afford the waste to be honest :-\

im obviously not going to give him the full amounts of each food id adjust it accordingly :shades:

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 03:56:05 PM »
Vegas has really bad food allergies and was on Royal Canin Sensitivity Control for a few years until it no longer sustained his bodyweight and he became skin and bone so had to take him off it. In theory, the naturediet should have been fine for him ingredient wise but he can only tolerate a couple of spoonfuls max - any more than that and he gets dreadful diarrhoea  :-\ 

Fingers crossed it suits Max a bit better
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline LucyJ

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 08:03:28 PM »
Daisy is food sensitive as well and I've been through various dry foods with her (Burns was the best and she didn't start reacting to it for about 12 months but it still got her in the end).

She's currently on Nature Diet and is doing really well on it, its definitely the best of the various foods she has had in terms of her health, and she loves it too.

I don't know what I'm going to do if/when she starts being poorly on ND though, probably BARF.

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 08:44:10 PM »
I have just about tried every dog food there is and find ND to be the best for my lot
Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman

Offline ali

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 09:00:47 PM »
barkley has 1/2 a pack of ND in the mornings and a bowl of JWB in the evenings and it seems to suit him really well. we've tried different flavours and the lamb suits him best. he loves it.
'my goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am'

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 09:23:07 PM »
I was reading another dog forum (not half as good as this), and there was a long thread on Nature Diet. During December/january  quite a few people opened their foil packs to find the food had gone off and reeked. The customer service at ND were not at all helpful. 
www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=74884&highlight=nature+diet
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline gashley

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 09:26:21 PM »
I was reading another dog forum (not half as good as this), and there was a long thread on Nature Diet. During December/january  quite a few people opened their foil packs to find the food had gone off and reeked. The customer service at ND were not at all helpful. 
www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=74884&highlight=nature+diet

We've had 1 packet which had blown and obviously off, one phone call to Customer Service at ND and they sent us 2 packets FOC and an apology. Good customer service as far as we are concerend.  Can't fault them at all.

Gail
Gail, Ian, & 4 boys, Jakey and Scooby !!

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 09:26:58 PM »
ND have had problems on and off in the past with the equipment they use to seal the packs and this causes some packs to be loosely sealed and they then become 'blown' and the food goes off. I've never found a pack like this but I think a few people on here have.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 10:24:46 PM »
About 8 packs out of the 96 I ordered online were either blown or were mouldy when opened. Havent bothered to complain but maybe I should have done!

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline xlisax

• Site Member
  • Ellie & Max
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 07:12:50 AM »
we ive bought 6 packs to start with, he has had 2 meals with the nature diet mixed with his hills and fingers crossed his poo is still firm ph34r

normally he will show signs straight away if it is going to dissagree with him >:D

he absolutely wolfed it down like he had never been fed lol ellie loves it too so if max is ok with this food ill deffo be sticking with it for both of them :shades:

my packs seem to be ok but the fishy one absolutly stinks so i wont no wether its gone off or not :005:

i have lamb chicken and fish for them  :shades: