Author Topic: We're Back  (Read 3141 times)

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
We're Back
« on: March 22, 2004, 10:26:10 AM »
Hi All

Well after a mixed weekend we are back safe and although a little unstead on ones feet  :shock:

Get to the Show on Saturday morning and we are not in the Schedule  :cry: speak to the Show Secretary and they don't have an entry form for me.  At this point it looks like I had travelled for nothing.  Phoned up my telephone banking because I was pretty sure that the cheque had cleared and thankfully they confirmed this for me.

Douglas then wins Open Dog but misses out on Best of Breed.  He also wins AV Gundog Open Dog so I was pleased with is results.  Bart plays second fiddle to Douglas again :wink: but he showed really well for my friend.

Our trip back last night was awful and we were thrown around quite a bit on the boat.  The boat we usually go on has been cancelled for three days so we had to go on the slow boat which took 2 hours instead of 50 minutes.  Everybody was throwing up apart from the group I was with thank god, but the disinfectant spray that they sprayed even made you feel sick and it was so hot so this was another thing not in our favour.  But thankfully I made it back in one piece with out throwing up  :cry:  :cry:  The Boys in the car were fine and couldn't wait to get home and get bossed around by Seb.

Still feeling a bit funny this morning, what we do for Shows aye Guys.                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
We're Back
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 11:53:40 AM »
Oh poor you Derryn - we on the mainland have it easy in comparison to you don't we? I'm not good on ferries at the best of times so wouldn't have managed as well as you! Well done on Douglas' wins anyway :)

Jane                    
Jane

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
    • Derrindee Spaniels
We're Back
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 12:35:59 PM »
Thanks Jane although it was touch and go on part of the trip  :cry:                    

Derrindee Spaniels

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
We're Back
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 12:57:57 PM »
Hi All

Our trip back last night was awful and we were thrown around quite a bit on the boat.  The boat we usually go on has been cancelled for three days so we had to go on the slow boat which took 2 hours instead of 50 minutes.  Everybody was throwing up apart from the group I was with thank god, but the disinfectant spray that they sprayed even made you feel sick and it was so hot so this was another thing not in our favour.  But thankfully I made it back in one piece with out throwing up  :cry:  :cry:  The Boys in the car were fine and couldn't wait to get home and get bossed around by Seb.

Still feeling a bit funny this morning, what we do for Shows aye Guys.

Dessie,

I sympathise with you, I was once on a really bad crossing from France, the type where the floor falls away from your feet as you walk :shock:  when a friend asked me to help her to the ladies because she felt sick, I knew I shouldn't go in with her but......... just the sound of all these people hurling around me I felt I had to join in.... Don't like ferries any more :(

Well done Douglas though

Michelle                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
We're Back
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 01:09:06 PM »
Well done Dessie and Douglas!!! :D   The wins must have put a silver lining on the day.

Wot you complaining about - our fast ferry takes 2 3/4 hours  :(   :D   The one we had before that took 3 1/2 hours  :shock:

Glad you had a rewarding day, shame about all the hassles though.  You must be very dedicated  :D                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
We're Back
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 01:16:50 PM »
Well done Dessie and Douglas :D  I hope your recovering from the trip.                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
We're Back
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2004, 01:37:22 PM »
Congratulations on Douglas's win Derryn  :D

You've put me off getting on a Ferry EVER  :wink:  :shock:                    

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
    • Derrindee Spaniels
We're Back
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2004, 02:04:57 PM »
Well done Dessie and Douglas!!! :D   The wins must have put a silver lining on the day.

Wot you complaining about - our fast ferry takes 2 3/4 hours  :(   :D   The one we had before that took 3 1/2 hours  :shock:

Glad you had a rewarding day, shame about all the hassles though.  You must be very dedicated  :D

Hi Shirley

If I was off to the Mainland (UK) it would of taken me 3 1/2 hours on the Fast Ferry but traditional ferry 8 hours  :cry: so I'm gonna complain  :wink:                    

Derrindee Spaniels

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
    • Derrindee Spaniels
We're Back
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2004, 02:05:54 PM »
Well done Dessie and Douglas :D  I hope your recovering from the trip.

Thanks Barb I'm a bit wobbly on my legs but it will soon pass.  Just pleased that Douglas and Bart were ok.                    

Derrindee Spaniels

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
    • Derrindee Spaniels
We're Back
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2004, 02:07:59 PM »
Congratulations on Douglas's win Derryn  :D

You've put me off getting on a Ferry EVER  :wink:  :shock:

Thanks Gilly it isn't usually that bad just really strong winds for us and parts of the UK over the weekend.  Just a bit silly to be on a boat I suppose.                    

Derrindee Spaniels

Offline daftcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.chaysonniecockers.co.uk
We're Back
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2004, 03:05:22 PM »
Well done Dessie and Douglas. Poor baby was he not travel sick, my lot are terrible even in the car :(                    
WWW.CHAYSONNIECOCKERS.CO.UK

Thanks susan and the gang

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
We're Back
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2004, 03:18:49 PM »
Congratulations Dessie :D

I think you deserve a trophy for the travel alone :wink:   I had an awful experience many moons ago on a ferry, I can't even think about it, lets just say I was GREEN for about 6 weeks after, thats no kidding either :roll:  NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!  Shuddering at the thought of it :evil:                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
We're Back
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »
Yup!! she certainly was GREEN[/b][/size]

: she never got out of bed for a week.  :shock:  :lol:                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
We're Back
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2004, 04:21:01 PM »

If I was off to the Mainland (UK) it would of taken me 3 1/2 hours on the Fast Ferry but traditional ferry 8 hours  :cry: so I'm gonna complain  :wink:

:shock:   :shock:   :shock:   8 hours!!!  :shock:   :shock:   :shock:                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Michele

• Site Member
We're Back
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2004, 04:30:25 PM »
Well done on your wins Dessie.

If down on the ferry was anything like it was up in the air as we flew back to Luton from Barcelona yesterday, you have my complete & utter sympathy  :?  :cry: