Author Topic: Big fight - Updated - they had another one!  (Read 8110 times)

Offline bracken

• Site Member
Re: Big fight
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2008, 04:26:00 PM »
So sorry to here about your boys  :'( Are your dogs neutered?
I have 2 cockers that dont   :luv: each other. Bailey is 3 and Rosie 9 months,Rosie has only been with us 14 weeks and Bailey is not impressed at all  :-\ Bailey grummbles at Rosie all the time and will stop her going up the stairs and stand in doorways. Bailey will snap if Rosie climbs on the same sofa as her too  :'(  She is a bully  >:(  as time goes by I'm hoping Bailey improves as she has never hurt Rosie.
 I understand your problem is much worse and feel for you. Try to keep positive and take care.
Thinking of you at this difficult time  :luv: I hope the behaviourist can help sort your babies.
 Jo

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2008, 04:40:17 PM »
Well,  i'm going to sleep on it, and see what they're like tomorrow. I'm not all that positive really... i haven't been able to let them in the same space for more than a few seconds at a time today. :-\ And yeah, everyone is unhappy and stressed. :'(
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2008, 05:09:57 PM »
Really sorry to hear you're having such a bad time of it  :-*.

Millie

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2008, 05:16:47 PM »
oh doG Beth, I'm so sorry to read this thread - hope you're downing the rescue remedy yourself.

Bibathediva and Trevor have given you sound advice, and I know you will do what is best for you and Indie  - my damn neighbour is away AGAIN so I can't ask about her behaviourist
helen & jarvis x

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2008, 07:18:54 PM »

Hope you have a peaceful night  :-*

Offline lexi

• Site Member
    • Spaniel Photos
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2008, 08:45:19 PM »
i haven't been able to let them in the same space for more than a few seconds at a time today. :-\ And yeah, everyone is unhappy and stressed. :'(
I really don't want to be the bearer of bad news (have been biting my tongue ever since yesterday!) but you may have to consider re-homing Rudy from the sound of it. I think you have to decide what's best for all of you and in your heart you'll know what that is. I've never had to re-home a dog but once had a "boarder" who could no longer stay with us - he and Byron had problems when Holly arrived  >:( so I can imagine just how charged the air is in your home at the moment. My daughter was 8 at the time and found the whole situation very stressful.
"Always be a little kinder than necessary." J.M. Barrie
Lexi, Mac, Shadow & Galak (with Holly & Byron in our hearts)

Offline BabyB

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2008, 08:53:38 PM »
I'm really sorry for the heartache you must have at the moment, but good thoughts are with you and I hope that things will come alright in the end.
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline Boof

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2008, 08:57:41 PM »
I'm so sorry. I have no advice to offer, but I wish you well regardless of what happens. Thinking of you.  :luv: x

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2008, 09:12:31 PM »
i haven't been able to let them in the same space for more than a few seconds at a time today. :-\ And yeah, everyone is unhappy and stressed. :'(
I really don't want to be the bearer of bad news (have been biting my tongue ever since yesterday!) but you may have to consider re-homing Rudy from the sound of it. I think you have to decide what's best for all of you and in your heart you'll know what that is. I've never had to re-home a dog but once had a "boarder" who could no longer stay with us - he and Byron had problems when Holly arrived  >:( so I can imagine just how charged the air is in your home at the moment. My daughter was 8 at the time and found the whole situation very stressful.

Sadly i think you may be right. :'( :'( :'( I let them all out in the garden together just before bed and kept a very close eye on them, and Jarvis went straight over to Rudy and started growling at him quite aggressivly. :-\ Again i managed to stop them actually fighting, but there is no improvement at all.

I'm just stunned at how quickly it has gone down hill, for the past couple of weeks things had drastically improved, and they had been getting on really well, until that massive fight. :'(

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2008, 09:18:47 PM »
Do you have any relatives that could help with the situation, maybe they could take one of the boys for awhile  :blink: it would give you all some breathing space  :blink: as you said things had been going so well  :blink:
Keep positive Beth
take care Jo

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2008, 09:20:52 PM »
Do you have any relatives that could help with the situation, maybe they could take one of the boys for awhile  :blink: it would give you all some breathing space  :blink: as you said things had been going so well  :blink:
Keep positive Beth
take care Jo

Nope, no one i know would be able to deal with either of them, they all work and wouldn't be able to exercise them enough. :-\

Offline angelbaby

• Site Member
  • My love, my life, my cocker spaniel
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2008, 09:37:39 PM »
oh Beth this is horrible for you, i know youll make the right decison for all of you xxx
My little angel, sent to me in my time of need, i love you with every piece of my broken heart xx
My beautiful boy xx

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2008, 09:40:47 PM »
Would one or both be able to go into kennels for a week or so, give them time to cool off??
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Cazzie

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2008, 09:46:39 PM »
Sorry to hear this Beth, hope you get things sorted out ok what ever the outcome  :luv:

Offline kalem

• Limited Member
  • Me and my Gal xx
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2008, 09:53:11 PM »
Im so sorry for you, i have no advice, i just hope things work out for you all  :luv:

"My World is Orange" with a few blonde highlights
To the world my Cocker is just a dog, to me my Cocker is the World