Author Topic: champ shows  (Read 1429 times)

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
champ shows
« on: March 30, 2004, 10:38:21 PM »
Does a dog have to be a 'champ' to be shown at a champ show?

I ask because, all being well, I'd like to enter Jenni in the CSC Champ show in Malvern in July .... granted she might not get anywhere, but I'd like to have a go with her :)                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Eljay

• Site Member
champ shows
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 07:40:51 AM »
Hi Kelly,
No, they don't have to be champs to show them. I had a go with Alfie last year at my first champ show. We didn't get anywhere, and I wasn't expecting to either, but it's a good experience anyway and I enjoy the whole day. Give it a go and enjoy it.  :lol:                    
Alfie, and Jay J. together over the Rainbow Bridge. Always in our hearts but dreadfully missed.

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
champ shows
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 10:39:52 AM »
Championship Show just means that Challenge Certificates are on offer for the breed usually - any KC registered dog can be entered provided they are over 6 months old. The CSC Show tends to get a huge entry which might be a bit overwhelming for a young puppy so if you can Kelly, try & take Jenni to some Open Shows first for some experience - I expect you were already planning on doing this anyway but just thought I'd mention it :)                    
Jane