Author Topic: Huddersfield RSPCA dog show! officialy the prettiest!! (Photos added!)  (Read 1673 times)

Offline september

• Site Member
  • Summer is for ball throwing!
Roxy went to the aforementioned show and came home with 3 rosettes and a trophy!!!

She won prettiest bitch (biggest class - beat 47 other dogs!) came 4th and a special in Best sporting (pedigree) and most appealing eyes!

She behaved o.k! She was very good in the ring until she spotted her daddy watching and then she just fussed!!

It was very hot and she is asleep now!

There were loads of cocker spaniels and she was beaten by a lovely black and tan in the sporting class but managed to beat another chocolate roan! They were both lovely and had lots of coat and moved very nicely! (put us to shame really with our thin part working cocker coat!!)

When we had to run to the top of the ring and back the black and tan and choc roan did a lovely floaty trot and Roxy galloped along like an idiot!!!! :005:

Shes clearly not a show dog! But fun all the same! We are starting a foundation agility class at the end of June so hopefully she will find her niche!!

Offline loujo

• Site Member
Re: Huddersfield RSPCA dog show! officialy the prettiest!!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 08:11:07 PM »
Well done to you and Roxy!!! ;)
Louise xxx
(and Robbie 10yrs old and Alfie 7yrs old)

Offline amanda9586

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 08:26:04 PM »
That sounds like great fun!  Well done you and Roxy I would say - dont we get pics of the pretty girl and her rosettes?

Amanda & Poppy x

Offline heelers n cockers

• Site Member
  • Freddy Flashback-BIS Colne Valley '09 & RBIS '10
    • Moonwillow Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 08:29:10 PM »
Hello September...that was our Patrick and Freddy in that class!  :005: and i must say what a stunner Roxy is!  :luv: and she was definately the prettiest bitch there!  :luv:
Cocker Spaniels leave their pawprints on your heart......
Lancashire Heelers however.....leave their teethmarks on your trousers!

Champagne for my real friends...Real pain for my sham friends....

http://moonwillowcockerspaniels.piczo.com

Offline september

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 08:47:16 PM »
Hello!

I have never met anyone from COLers before! your two were both lovely! and so well behaved!

I am very jealous of their coats!!

Offline heelers n cockers

• Site Member
  • Freddy Flashback-BIS Colne Valley '09 & RBIS '10
    • Moonwillow Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 02:14:09 PM »
Hello!

I have never met anyone from COLers before! your two were both lovely! and so well behaved!

I am very jealous of their coats!!

me either!  :005: and i believe i saw 'Gibson' with her lovely black/white Cocker  :luv:

my two were only well behaved because we had been up since 3am  ph34r we set off for several car boots at 4am we got back at 9am after going round FIVE of them!  :o :005: then i had three hours to dry and de-knot Patricks ears/bib/front legs as he drools when he is in the car and he ends up as one 'soggy doggy'  :lol2:

yes those coats are lovely when they are groomed out but dry grass, sticky buds, brambles, rose bushes, slugs etc love them too... :005:

will we see you at Honley Show Society on saturday the 14th? i am taking Freddy, Patrick and a friends puppy, Marley, for the Open Show but P.A.D.S is organising a fun dog show as well http://www.padsonline.org/index.php?option=com_eventlist&Itemid=99999999&func=details&did=18 although i don't think i will be able to enter the fun classes as they will probably clash with the Cocker classes...oh well...never mind, it will be Patricks first 'proper' show with me, and i hope he behaves as well as he did yesterday  :005:
Cocker Spaniels leave their pawprints on your heart......
Lancashire Heelers however.....leave their teethmarks on your trousers!

Champagne for my real friends...Real pain for my sham friends....

http://moonwillowcockerspaniels.piczo.com

Offline Boof

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 02:35:04 PM »
Well done!  :luv:

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 02:46:27 PM »
Nice One! You must be over the moon!!!  :D

That sounds like great fun!  Well done you and Roxy I would say - dont we get pics of the pretty girl and her rosettes?
- yes, where are the piccies?!?!?!  :D

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 03:08:05 PM »
Congratulations and a special group hug from our "prettiest Bitch" on Saturday - Heidi  ;)

I'm not sure I want to do the "proper" showing malarkey - fun shows should be just that but it's still great when our babies are placed. :D

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline september

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 03:34:54 PM »
I saw the pics of Heidi! she is v cute!

OH took some pics on his phone of us in the ring so I'll have to get him to download them.  I might get her in the garden with her rosettes and try and get a couple!

I couldn't do proper shows! too stressful although lovely when you win! And as I say poor Roxy is not a show dog and I don't have the skills to train her nicely enough!

I saw the black and white cocker too! He was placed in waggiest tail!! I was chatting to the judge after and he said the black and white would have been a lovely show dog, except he is castrated?!

I know what you mean about coats! I bathed Roxy on sat night and then spent the whole morning combing her ears out as they get in everything! I resorted to holding them up for her when she drank!!

I'll post some pics as soon as I can!

Offline september

• Site Member
Re: Huddersfield RSPCA dog show! officialy the prettiest!!(photos now!)
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 08:27:06 PM »
Here are a couple of photos of us in the ring!!

Have put some of her with her prizes in the show pics section!

Hope you like them!

In the ring! she looks quite well behaved here!

She won! Proud mummy!!