Author Topic: Solid Colour Cockers  (Read 3326 times)

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
Solid Colour Cockers
« on: April 19, 2004, 12:39:50 PM »
Hi, are any of you going to the Solid Colour Cockers Show at Baginton this weekend?  

We shall be there as cocker-showing novices and it would be really nice to say hello to any COLiners who are going.  Emily has entered with Tilly.  It is our first breed show and I know that Emily is very nervous, so if anyone could spare a moment to give her a word of encouragement or advice, I know she would be thrilled.  Emily is only eight and keen to start competing in junior-handling this summer, but she does get a bit overwhelmed, particularly if Tilly decides to play around.  She has been working hard at ring-craft and obedience classes and has had tons of enjoyment already out of her much longed-for puppy.  You should be able to spot them easily - Emily has long blonde hair and Tilly is a small, very friendly  black cocker with a worried expression who will be very inexpertly trimmed (I have such a lot to learn too!!)  We have entered three classes in order for them to get maximum handling experience.

As for me, I'm looking forward to it and just crossing my fingers that my two girls enjoy their day out without any disasters!

Sue, Tilly and Emily                    

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Solid Colour Cockers
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 01:14:49 PM »
I think this is a bit far for us to travel :?  but good luck Sue, Tilly and Emily.

Michelle                    

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Solid Colour Cockers
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 02:07:56 PM »
I saw a junior handler at crufts and she did very well - best wishes to Emily, I'm sure she'll have fun and do herself proud  :D                    

Offline Sarah_S

• Site Member
    • kennel coruscant
Solid Colour Cockers
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 02:25:11 PM »
As a (very) former juniorhandler i wish your daughter the best of luck  :D                    
Coruscant cockers and newfies
with homepage, now also in English.....

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Solid Colour Cockers
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 09:37:42 PM »
Hi Sue, Emily & Tilly,
I will be there for sure as I'm on the committee, so be sure to come and ask for me if I don't see you first. I'll probably be in the kitchen  :roll:  :D

Emily, don't worry about being nervous  :? , it's a very friendly show with a good atmosphere, and plenty of good food including chocolate cake.... great for calming any junior handler's nerves  :lol:

See you on Saturday
Michele  :D                    

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
Solid Colour Cockers
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 10:02:40 AM »
Thank you Michelle, Mike, Sarah and Michele for your encouragement and good wishes - Emily was excited to receive them.

I look forward to saying hello to you Michele on Saturday.  We came along as spectators to the last Solid Colours show in the Autumn and you're right - it's really friendly and the food is great!  Emily has made a date with the chocolate cake!

Sue                    

Offline tracey

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
Solid Colour Cockers
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2004, 12:15:22 PM »
Hi Sue Chelsea and I usually go to Solid cocker, We can't make it this time. I'm sure Chelsea would have had a chat with Emily and reassured her that there is nothing to worry about :) I used to tell Chelsea that people are looking at the dog and not her, that made her feel a bit better :wink:  Just tell her to take her time. It might be a good idea not to go first so she can watch what the others are doing. If she doesn't hear or understand what she is being asked to do, just ask again. Most people are very helpful and are easy on the little ones. Tell her to remember that practice makes perfect.
Good Luck, Tracey                    
http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk

Love All
Trust A Few
Do Wrong To None
William Shakespeare

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Solid Colour Cockers
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2004, 04:14:21 PM »
Hi Sue & Emily,
My daughter Chloe will be coming with me, and although not as experienced as Chelsea she has done Junior Handling classes in the past, so she might be able to help reassure Emily.

Great tip of Tracey's......don't go first, and watch some classes prior to yours so you'll know what the judge will be asking you to do.

See you Saturday  :D                    

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
Solid Colour Cockers
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2004, 06:23:30 PM »
Thank you very much for all the advice Tracey - maybe Emily and Chelsea might get together at another show sometime?  Sorry to hear that you won't be there.

It will be great for Emily to have a chat with Chloe, Michele, thank you so much.  I'm sure the friendly faces will help her nerves.  I didn't know you were on the committee - so are Tilly's breeders, so we are looking forward to meeting up with them again too.

Can't wait now!

Sue                    

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
Solid Colour Cockers
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2004, 10:29:06 PM »
To Sue, Emily and Tilly

Best of luck on Saturday :D  I started of with JHA many moons ago now and Trcey and Michelle's previous advice is bang on.  Must say though that the most important thing to remember is ENJOY YOURSELVES Breed club open show are the best places to watch and learn and an informal enough situ that you can find it abit easlier to approach and ask questions :D

Best of luck, also to any other COL members showing :D                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline daftcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.chaysonniecockers.co.uk
Solid Colour Cockers
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2004, 08:27:04 AM »
Good Luck to everyone going, a bit to far for me to travel as John couldnt get the day off.                    
WWW.CHAYSONNIECOCKERS.CO.UK

Thanks susan and the gang

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Solid Colour Cockers
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2004, 09:10:48 AM »
GOOD LUCK EMILY AND TILLY[/size] :D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
Solid Colour Cockers
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2004, 10:09:25 PM »
Thank you everyone, we had a lovely day at Solid Colour Cockers.  I was so proud of Emily and Tilly - they did very well and didn't come last in every class!  I thought you might like to see a picture of the proud duo after the show.  Emily was very brave and tried her best and Tilly was a sweetheart.  We all had great fun.

Special thanks to Michele and Chloe.  It was lovely meeting you and thanks for the grooming tips Michele.  Chloe is a lovely girl - you must be very proud of her.

Fantastic cakes at the show - Emily had three huge slices of cream sponge cake - no wonder she looks pleased with herself in the picture!

Sue, Tilly and Emily

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Solid Colour Cockers
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2004, 10:19:45 PM »
Awwww, well done :D  The main thing is that they enjoyed themselves. And coming home with rosettes isn't too bad for a debut :wink:  Now to celebrate, I think Tilly should get to wear her fantastic collar again :wink:  8)                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Solid Colour Cockers
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2004, 10:33:43 PM »
:D   Well they both looked like they thoroughly enjoyed themselves.  Glad you all had a good day and that Emily got some rosettes to show off - hope she's taking them to school on Monday - well done, Emily!  :D                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys