Author Topic: Histiocytoma & Insurance  (Read 1567 times)

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
Histiocytoma & Insurance
« on: August 04, 2008, 11:30:37 AM »
Well I didnt think I'd do it but I actually have an insurance question  ph34r :005:

But, in my defence it is more of an actual health question ;) 

Poor Charlie has, they think, a histiocytoma and he will have it removed 2 weeks today, they are waiting until after our hols and have given me MORE anti biotics (note to self buy shares in vet drug company >:()  anyway, our insurance excludes skin conditions - would this growth be classed as a "skin condition" the vet said it was a grey area, some do some dont.   As I dont actually know what it is I'm not sure  :-\ 

In any event its going to have to be done :huh:

I got my cheque this morning for Blues claim and now I might be needing another claim form  ph34r

Offline emilyjw

• Site Member
  • However crap the day cocker kisses aren't far away
    • Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)
Re: Histiocytoma & Insurance
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 11:40:59 AM »
Ooh Bracken has one of these that we're going back about tomorrow. What insurance company are you with?
Emily & the Jabracken fluffies - Bracken, Hermes and Jasminex

http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 11:55:48 AM »
Sainsburys paid for Jaspers to be removed and a biopsy (and a wormer that happened to be on the invoice)  No quibbles at all!

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 11:58:56 AM »
Ooh Bracken has one of these that we're going back about tomorrow. What insurance company are you with?

We're with Healthy Pets - paid Blues claim promptly  :D

Sainsburys paid for Jaspers to be removed and a biopsy (and a wormer that happened to be on the invoice)  No quibbles at all!

It's really regarding the "skin condition" exclusion that I am concerned with  :-\  is a hystiocytoma a skin complaint  :huh: 

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 12:04:18 PM »

It's really regarding the "skin condition" exclusion that I am concerned with  :-\  is a hystiocytoma a skin complaint  :huh: 

I wouldn't of thought so, as long as vet doesn't put it as one -isn't a skin condition more like rashes, flaky skin etc

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 12:40:56 PM »
I think you should be alright. When Vegas was ill a few years back, rather than put "exploratory laparotomy" on the invoice, the vet put "gastro-intestinal biopsies". Which was fine but M&S had excluded gastro-intestinal conditions due to his food allergy (which annoyed me anyways as its controlled by diet). I was all prepared for a fight and got my own vet ready to write a letter and say that it was not related in any way but they paid up fine with no quibbles.  I'd submit the claim and if they query it, get your vet to write a letter to state in their opinion, its not classed as a skin condition.
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Deb H

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 01:46:56 PM »
Jasper had one removed when he was two and we claimed for it but when his renewall came through it excluded all skin conditions. At the time i was with E & L and to be honest they weren't much cop so i changed to M & S who have been brilliant over Jasper's Lupus. I would suspect most insurance companies will see it as a skin problem, best thing is to ring them. Good luck.
He is your friend,your partner,your defender,your dog. You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours,faithfull and true,to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.Anon.
Deb,Henry,Jasper & George angel babies. Sydney,Harry,Jethro,Dhali Hebe Seth Hades Moses

Offline BettyBoo

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 06:57:28 PM »
Tesco paid up for the removal of Millie's no bother. Plus she had to go back in to have her stitches re-done due to the vet not doing them properly in the first place >:(. They didn't question any of it.
Barbara, Betty & Millie x