Author Topic: Healthy Pets Insurance: It was inevitable.....  (Read 6654 times)

Offline CJ

• Site Member
Re: Healthy Pets Insurance: It was inevitable.....
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 08:28:49 PM »
I hate technology!!! :lol2:

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 09:00:43 PM »
We are with animal friends  - they are a charity and it is a life time policy.  We pay £14 plus per dog, BUT not only is it lifetime cover for every condition, but they say they only increase by the rate of inflation each year.
Not sure about older dogs (ours are all youngish) but we are happy with them.  They pay for Buffy's hydro too, and we only pay the first £49.

Might be worth trying them?
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 09:20:50 PM »
I was torn about renewing Charley's policy this year.  He is with M&S and it cost £359.  The excess is £75 plus 10 per cent of the remainder.  His veterinary costs since June have been £73 in France, and £85 here.  I should have put the cost of the premium in an interest bearing account as I have not been able to claim.

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 10:31:14 PM »
We are with animal friends  - they are a charity and it is a life time policy.  We pay £14 plus per dog, BUT not only is it lifetime cover for every condition, but they say they only increase by the rate of inflation each year.
Not sure about older dogs (ours are all youngish) but we are happy with them.  They pay for Buffy's hydro too, and we only pay the first £49.

They also charge you 35% of the vets fees though Penny
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 11:00:57 PM »
it can be such a gamble insurance whether to have it or not.....when i started working at the vets all my dogs were insured except my  beloved oldie who no longer covered.  When i got Jessica and Otis was born i held off as i my bills were so low as i only paid cost price for drugs....It wasn't until i was away and Otis ate a posionus plant i  my friends garden and incured a big bill at her vets that i re thought this. ph34r

Mine are all currently insured with the KC IMO they have been really good to me.....ok so they may not be the cheapest in the world but they have always paid out quickly and without qibble but i do pay for it.

I basically have a £50 excess and have to pay 10% thereafter and they pay up to £10,000 per condition for life.
my current premiums are:

Otis £29.95 pm (4yrs old)
Jessica £39.95 pm (9yrs old) only has long term steroids that i don't claim for as they're only a few £ to buy....will probably go up after last weeks £558 bill tho  >:(
Laney £45.95 pm (8yrs) but has had about 2 major claims going into thousands (mri's etc) and is on long term meds for her eyes, back and bladder plus accupunture costs.
Sasha £59.95 pm (11yrs) she's on long term atopica and previcox which costs £110 pm so still save a little   :-\

All i know is for me it give me the option of not having to say no to my babies having any treatment.

Insuranc what ever it is for is crooked thought....the companies are out to help themselves and not us their customers >:D
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline Annie's Mum

• Donator
  • Annie Cocker & Maisie Cav
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2008, 12:44:39 AM »
Ive always stuck with Tesco..purely as when Ollie the Cav was with us they paid up for all his problems...now we have Maisie the Cav & Cocker Anne I pay £20 and I don't find it too bad their very good
Sarah owned by Maisie & Annie

Offline tillyson

• i belive i can fly
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2008, 08:26:38 AM »

only if your dog is over certain age as my quote didn't include that, but agree its a lot >:(
chantelle & Tilly

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2008, 08:50:30 AM »

only if your dog is over certain age as my quote didn't include that, but agree its a lot >:(
Ah, I see. It was at the bottom of my quote for Fern. Sorry to mislead  ;)
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2008, 09:32:47 AM »
it can be such a gamble insurance whether to have it or not.....when i started working at the vets all my dogs were insured except my  beloved oldie who no longer covered.  When i got Jessica and Otis was born i held off as i my bills were so low as i only paid cost price for drugs....It wasn't until i was away and Otis ate a posionus plant i  my friends garden and incured a big bill at her vets that i re thought this. ph34r

Mine are all currently insured with the KC IMO they have been really good to me.....ok so they may not be the cheapest in the world but they have always paid out quickly and without qibble but i do pay for it.

I basically have a £50 excess and have to pay 10% thereafter and they pay up to £10,000 per condition for life.
my current premiums are:

Jessica £39.95 pm (9yrs old) only has long term steroids that i don't claim for as they're only a few £ to buy....will probably go up after last weeks £558 bill tho  >:(
Laney £45.95 pm (8yrs) but has had about 2 major claims going into thousands (mri's etc) and is on long term meds for her eyes, back and bladder plus accupunture costs.
Sasha £59.95 pm (11yrs) she's on long term atopica and previcox which costs £110 pm so still save a little   :-\

All i know is for me it give me the option of not having to say no to my babies having any treatment.

Insuranc what ever it is for is crooked thought....the companies are out to help themselves and not us their customers >:D

Good grief thats a hefty premium  :o  I dont pay that for my household, cars & pets combined  :o

Offline amanda.seal

• Marley Moo
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2008, 10:44:10 AM »
I think i've been quite lucky as i insured Marley at the beginning of july so i have a good few months now before i have to panic about it again  :shades:

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2008, 07:26:53 PM »

my current premiums are:

Good grief thats a hefty premium  :o  I dont pay that for my household, cars & pets combined  :o

Tell me about it!  ::)

Still compared to my total drug bills every month for repeat prescriptions is do get some back.....seeing it like that though does make me think.....hmmm scary thought cancelling insurance .....
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline Cath

• Site Member
  • Breagh
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2008, 09:52:49 PM »
Yikes, I just insured with HP for Murron (19 weeks) and Paddy who will be 8 next week and I am £13.56 for them both a month. Looks like I will be in for shock next year  ::)

Murron

Nothing beats the unconditional love of our doey eyed spaniels.
Cath, Breagh, Caoimhe and my angel at the bridge Milly.

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2008, 12:49:32 PM »
Just as a matter of interest, I did an online quote for my two to see how much it was going to go up - the price is exactly the same - whether this is just for new customers I dont know  :huh:  I hope not !

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2008, 01:29:42 PM »
£7.84 a month for Reuben with Healthy pets gold cover! Im quite happy with that!  :D

REUBY DOOO!

Offline PennyB

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2008, 04:02:03 PM »
I don't think pet insurance just goes up because you claimed on it as they tend to put stuff up across the board (its not like car or house insurance where you get no clams bonus etc.).

Ollie's insurance went up the same as everyone elses yet before he was 1 I had already claimed back £1500 and before Wilf was 6 months old we'd claimed back £3000 and I still pay the same as everyone esle does for their petplan insurance. Ruby's bill will most likely be £1000 yet I don't expect to pay any more than anyone else who hasn't claimed on theirs.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!