Author Topic: Healthy Pets Insurance: It was inevitable.....  (Read 6656 times)

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
Re: Healthy Pets Insurance: It was inevitable.....
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2008, 09:22:41 PM »
Now, here's a strange one...
I've just done an online quote for Fern with Healthy Pets as a new customer...

.....and as a new customer I would only pay £16.44 a month, against the renewal notice I have received for £31.18.   :huh: They are still offering it with a £50 excess too  ::) .

I have emailed them asking why they are penalising existing customers and suggested that it may have been prudent to have changed their online quote system for new clients before whacking up the premiums  for their existing clients  >:( .

I shall be interested in their reply.

Anyway. If you need pet insurance insurance now, I suggest you use them quickly, before they update their website  :D ;)
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2008, 09:26:07 PM »
Now, here's a strange one...
I've just done an online quote for Fern with Healthy Pets as a new customer...

.....and as a new customer I would only pay £16.44 a month, against the renewal notice I have received for £31.18.   :huh: They are still offering it with a £50 excess too  ::) .

I have emailed them asking why they are penalising existing customers and suggested that it may have been prudent to have changed their online quote system for new clients before whacking up the premiums  for their existing clients  >:( .

I shall be interested in their reply.

Anyway. If you need pet insurance insurance now, I suggest you use them quickly, before they update their website  :D ;)

M & S did exactly the same thing  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Rubysmum

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2008, 09:26:33 AM »
I take back what I said about my Healthy Pets premium being competetive!!  Just double checked my schedule to make sure everything was on there and I am paying for Gold cover but when I looked at the schedule I'm only getting Bronze cover.  When I rang them they said that they'd not put their prices up for 3 years so I couldn't really complain..............I did anyway because I've only been with them 1 year  >:D  >:D

I've been on the internet to get a quote as a new customer and guess what..............it was £6 cheaper, in fact it was exactly the same price as I paid last year.  Needless to say I've cancelled.
Andrea & Ruby

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2008, 09:45:03 AM »
I really must look at the standard of cover I have for the dogs

Jock is £13 per month (never claimed ) he's 9 yrs old
Fern and Braan are both £6 something (but different amounts but both in the £6 bracket) never claimed for either of them

Ooops that's not quite true - I claimed for fern when she was 9 weeks old when she broke her jaw, bur that was with a different insurance company

HD - I'll be watching intensly to see what reply you get from the ins company

I'm seriously thinking about cancelling the insurance, but I do want to find something incase the dog/s run in the road and cause an accident

Offline happydog

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2008, 06:03:41 PM »
HD - I'll be watching intensly to see what reply you get from the ins company 
Hrmph   >:( . They haven't even bothered to reply and I sent it twice, in case they missed the first one.
I call that bad manners.
The renewal is due Wednesday  >:D
happydog

Offline LisaB

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2008, 09:41:31 AM »
HP never answer emails. ::)

Offline happydog

• Site Member
Re: Healthy Pets Insurance: It was inevitable.....updated 30 Sept
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2008, 10:05:31 AM »
I rang HP this morning and just saved myself £170  :D  .

The new underwriters take over tomorrow and all their online quotations will rise in line with their renewal quotations as from tomorrow.

I cancelled my existing policy, which expires today and took out a new online policy (which is still with their old underwriters-Axa). As Fern has had no ongoing health issues over the last 12 months (apart from grass seed removals) there is nothing new for them to exclude. I wouldn't have done it otherwise, as they will cover for life any new  condition that crops up during your period of insurance with them, providing you keep insuring with them.

The quotation online for a new policy at £197.30 is only £32.88 dearer than last year, with no change in policy excess, as compared with the renewal notice which would be £209.72 dearer at  £374.14 pa.

:shades: Today is your last chance to use them before the rates go up.
happydog

Offline dizzymare

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2008, 06:46:13 PM »
well that serves me right - for not keeping up with posts on here.  Had a quote a few days ago from healthy pets which was £11 per month for gold cover.  Just gone on line to buy, and its now gone up to £22.  >:D I'm gonna stick with Tesco I think 

Offline PennyB

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2008, 07:39:49 PM »
Beware some of cheaper insurance policies as I know a friend has one of the Tesco ones and cannot claim for ongoing condition her dog has after 12 months plus she can't claim for hydrotherapy etc. that her dog needs (her dog had a large op on his knee this year and most likely will need further treatment but she'll have to fund it herself now).

I think what a lot are finding is that some of these companies are reeling people in with really cheap deals then hiking them up (knowing that some can't move insurance companies).
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline dizzymare

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2008, 07:58:53 PM »
Thanks for that PennyB.  I think Tesco do 2 policies, I will check but I'm pretty sure that the one I have is an ongoing cover one (up to a maximum of £4000 per condiition) Not sure about alternative therapies though so will check again  :blink:

Offline PennyB

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2008, 08:27:29 PM »
Thanks for that PennyB.  I think Tesco do 2 policies, I will check but I'm pretty sure that the one I have is an ongoing cover one (up to a maximum of £4000 per condiition) Not sure about alternative therapies though so will check again  :blink:

Petplan now also have a really cheap budget one similar to the tesco one that doesn't pay out for ongoing conditions so be aware if people renew/changes a petplan policy and ask for the cheapest as you can get caught out.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline happydog

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2008, 09:14:49 PM »
Beware some of cheaper insurance policies as I know a friend has one of the Tesco ones and cannot claim for ongoing condition her dog has after 12 months
I can vouch for this as I insured my last rescue springer with Tesco. She then got diagnosed with arthritis and after the first twelve months they would no longer pay for her medication.
happydog

Offline tillyson

• i belive i can fly
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2008, 07:54:30 AM »
i always look for the lifelong cover not the amount per condition, that's why i'm changing to Petguard this month :blink:
chantelle & Tilly

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2008, 12:06:36 PM »
I got my renewal through from Healthy Pets about 3 weeks ago and was paying £7.84 per dog and they haven't changed this years premium at all, it's still £7.84 per dog - guess my renewal came through at the right time.
Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2008, 02:12:41 PM »
Iv just insured Reuben online with Healthy Pets gold cover which worked out at £17 odd a month! My first quote was a lot lower than that until i put that hes been treated for KC!  :-\

Petplan wanted a lot more and the cover seemed the same'ish?

I really dont understand all the small print!  :-\

REUBY DOOO!