Author Topic: Nature Diet Funny Story  (Read 2077 times)

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
  • Woofie 5.5.1999 - 29.4.13
Nature Diet Funny Story
« on: September 24, 2008, 05:47:25 PM »
Nature diet have changed their flavours recently and as I feed Maddie different flavours I have been introducing them gradually.

She loves the old lamb, chicken etc and she seemed to take to the new Rabbit/turkey and Salmon/prawn.

OH has been to the shop today and with the others got fish, potatoe and rice. 

We gave it Maddie for tea just and she ate a little and turned her nose up - which is unlike her. We encouraged her to try a bit more.  She took a piece out of her bowl and put it on the floor, sniffed it and then before we could stop her rolled on it (like it was fox poo or something)  :005:

Luckily we only bought two packets so Woofie (who will eat anything) is in for a treat!

It was just so funny watching her roll in it - has anyone elses dog had a reaction to the new flavours ?

Lisa, Maddie and Woofie (now at the bridge) xx

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
Re: Nature Diet Funny Story
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 05:49:49 PM »
Maybe you should write to Nature Diet and tell them what your little lady thought of their new flavour  :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:
I never do understand why they will eat horse poo and yet you offer them some food and they turn their nose up as if it is the most disgusting thing in the world, but to roll in it takes it to the next level  :005:

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 06:29:28 PM »
That is so funny, I'd rather have Gari rolling in food any day than the usual stuff he enjoys to get covered in! :005:

I take it the new flavour is a bit whiffy then? :lol2:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
  • Woofie 5.5.1999 - 29.4.13
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 06:37:33 PM »
That is so funny, I'd rather have Gari rolling in food any day than the usual stuff he enjoys to get covered in! :005:

I take it the new flavour is a bit whiffy then? :lol2:

Well actually the prawn/salmon one stinks the strongest - i think they may have done the fish one before I am not sure but our local PAH never stocked it

Lisa, Maddie and Woofie (now at the bridge) xx

Offline Coco

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 07:03:17 PM »
 :rofl1: :rofl1: Excellent!!
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 07:06:25 PM »
 :lol2: :lol2:  that's really funny. My lot had the fish one tonight as well, it does honk a bit but thankfully they didn't try rolling in it, I think they're waiting until Naturediet launch their 'Whale and Rice' variety  ph34r :005:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 08:11:48 PM »

The fishy ones do smell  ph34r...but dont think either of mine would waste it by rolling in it  :005:

Maddies not called a princess for nothing  ;)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 08:20:21 PM »
Well done Maddie.you tell mum what you think of it  :005:

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline LucyJ

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 04:14:26 PM »
Funny girl  :lol2:

I don't think any of the new flavours stink as much as the some of the old ones (especially the ones with tripe in).  It's a shame as Daisy loved the chicken and tripe one, none of the new ones have her spinning in circles with excitement.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 06:02:18 PM »
Katie pup is still on the puppy/junior which does not smell too bad at all, certainly not good enough to roll in anyway :005: Sounds like I have pleasures to come with the new flavours (always presuming I can get the top off of course  >:D) Still using sharp knife/scissors for this task.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 11:42:39 PM »
Just something I have found useful and thought I would pass on (probably most do it already?) after opening a naturediet tray, I take the lid off completely with scissors then place the whole thing in a sealable shallow container and put it in the fridge ready for the next meal. :D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 10:30:24 AM »
Just something I have found useful and thought I would pass on (probably most do it already?) after opening a naturediet tray, I take the lid off completely with scissors then place the whole thing in a sealable shallow container and put it in the fridge ready for the next meal. :D

why??  :huh:

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 07:25:42 PM »

why??  :huh:

Why

The lids are very hard to get off so once the lid is off, I put it in a sealable container so that I don't have to cover it in tinfoil everytime, one tray lasts more than one day and the idea is to keep the contents moist and fresh.

Offline Coco

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 01:57:20 PM »
OMG I have a nightmare getting the top off, usually if I pull it the best I can do is pull off the picture and not the actual plastic. I usually use a knife but it's a bit messy because it squidges it under the edge of the plastic. I know it's cooked in the pack but you'ld think they'd make it easier to get into with out geting it on your hands ::)
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 12:55:19 AM »
OMG I have a nightmare getting the top off, usually if I pull it the best I can do is pull off the picture and not the actual plastic. I usually use a knife but it's a bit messy because it squidges it under the edge of the plastic. I know it's cooked in the pack but you'ld think they'd make it easier to get into with out geting it on your hands ::)

You would indeed, I did tell the makers about it (covered in an earlier topic) and they said they had had quite a few adverse comments about the lids (whether they will bother to do anything about it is another thing entirely!! - if sales do not suffer, probably not.)