Author Topic: INSURANCE RENEWAL ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED PLEASE !  (Read 4037 times)

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
Re: INSURANCE RENEWAL ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED PLEASE !
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2008, 07:29:49 PM »
I am also with Petplan and they are pricey but excellent. When my Groove was having exploratory work done they did not grumble about anything (even a call out to the emergency vet) and my vet submitted all the forms and that was last I heard of it.

They paid up all my bills for Ruby and her eye within a few days --- came to about £1000 and I also sadly had a cat pts at home years ago and they paid for that as well and they haven't quibbled about Wilf's hydrotherapy and acupuncture each month (in fact I don't pay anything as the vet puts it all through and they pay her).

It sounds like they are really good and it's not just been me then. I know they are a bit more expensive (I think Eric is £24) but for less hassle especially at difficult times it is worth it. Groove's treatment and exploratory work came to over £2000 and if I didn't have insurance then I wouldn't have had all the info I needed to make the kindest decision for him.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2008, 07:36:02 PM »
I am also with Petplan and they are pricey but excellent. When my Groove was having exploratory work done they did not grumble about anything (even a call out to the emergency vet) and my vet submitted all the forms and that was last I heard of it.

They paid up all my bills for Ruby and her eye within a few days --- came to about £1000 and I also sadly had a cat pts at home years ago and they paid for that as well and they haven't quibbled about Wilf's hydrotherapy and acupuncture each month (in fact I don't pay anything as the vet puts it all through and they pay her).

It sounds like they are really good and it's not just been me then. I know they are a bit more expensive (I think Eric is £24) but for less hassle especially at difficult times it is worth it. Groove's treatment and exploratory work came to over £2000 and if I didn't have insurance then I wouldn't have had all the info I needed to make the kindest decision for him.

Vets round here appear to trust them more as well and the way my luck has been this year it helps so much as I would find it really difficult to pay too much upfront at the moment (Ollie's illness cost £1500 and I only had to pay my vet the excess --- my vet even paid the bill for his stay at the emergency vets (a totally different practice) over the weekend while Ollie was ill as well as he knew the money would come back to him via the insurance a week later)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2008, 10:31:26 PM »
Jessie has also had her renewal come through and she costs 216 a year with M&S.

SHe is 5 now and has a few ongoing conditions but they pay up for them and im stuck now as I can't move to anyone else as they would exclude these ongoing conditions now!

Janey

Offline Jaysmum

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2008, 11:19:35 AM »
I got a quote from Healthy Pets that was just over £20, shopped around and went with Tesco their banding is £4000 though HP was £5000, but last September 08 HP was only £11, think the hike rather alot for 12mth old dog with no med history..  I live in quiet area 50miles from Liverpool, but think our postcode starting with LL pushes up our insurance quotes

Offline sueinthedoghouse

• Hello my name is Amber
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2008, 12:52:03 PM »
Hi
just to say own 3 dogs not one of them insured and before you all gasp - they have separate bank account !! you earn interest and its there when you need it - have had several big ops (having 3 its a chance you take !) anyway it soon mounts up and have never regretted not having insurance . just put what you pay in insurance in high interest account and use that .

Offline Ali R

• Site Member
  • Fairly Useless
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2008, 08:32:45 PM »
On another forum, cavalier talk, this subject came up a few weeks ago and everyone was raving about AXA insurance for pets. It came across as a much better option and various people were saving LOTS of money, I mean the owners who had more than one dog were saving nearly half of money paid out AND for a much better deal. I also seem to remember that AXA don't discontinue paying for treatment after a certain amount of time, keep going for life of pet. It might be worth having a look. We used it for house when we lived in France and it was good but can't get it over here.

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008, 01:17:04 PM »
I just got Martin Lewis's e mail today and this advice is included :-

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/cut-pet-insurance-costs

Jann

Offline jenza

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 06:47:27 PM »
ours has gone up as well, we are with Argos, and I was horrified at the increase but it does seem a lot cheaper then some on here have been quoted.  We are now paying nearly £16, thats for the top cover and covers european cover as well.

Offline sam jane

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2008, 07:55:52 PM »
I have 3 cockers all insured with M + S until recently. Storms renewal came up at £23 which is a big hike, so I changed to more than which gives discount if you buy on line and is a life long insurance policy up to £5000 per condition per year. Cost £11.99 a month

To be honest I have my dogs insured as much as anything else for the third party part as well, people are all to quick to sue over any thing nowadays and I worry about what would happen if they got out of the garden and caused an accident or such like.

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2008, 08:43:21 PM »
I'm with the Halifax and just got my renewal in for Sasha and Ellie.  Ellies has gone up 39.50 per year to 147.26 she is 2. Sasha has gone up 40.18 per year to 149.63. She is 3. The excess has gone up from 50.00 to 60.00.  So I'm paying 12.27 a month for Ellie and 12.47 for Sasha. I think I pay 9 pounds something for monty per month.
They have changed the underwriters from AXA. To Agria International Forsakring AB. but the third party liability is underwritten by Groupama Insurances. Never heard of them. [ just had a look they are swedish] This covers them for up to 6000 for vets bills for every year of the policy, Including cover forongoing illnesses. 1 million 3rd party cover. plus other stuff.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline tillyson

• i belive i can fly
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008, 08:50:16 PM »
recently changed to Petguard, you can make the policy to suit yourself by ticking the boxes as to how much cover, overseas, third party etc and its lifelong (if you want it to be)  ;)
chantelle & Tilly