Author Topic: dreaded pet insurance again!  (Read 3297 times)

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
Re: dreaded pet insurance again!
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 04:19:48 PM »
To be honest, i am quite happy to have just back up for accident and illness. That £5000 would have gone a long long way to helping my Charley and hindsight is a wonderful thing. Im happy with just that tbh.

Tiamaria, is that £5000 per condition or is it per year for all vets fees? (Told you I'm hopeless  :embarassed:)

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2008, 05:04:05 PM »
When my friend (the vet nurse) was telling me what to do re pet insurance she said that you have to make sure that it is a 'whole of life' policy. This means that if Cloe was diagnosed with a chronic condition they would pay out for the 'whole of her life' however a lot of policies will cover for the first year only and then after that will not pay out on the condition (could be very expensive) and you then can't switch companies as it is then called a 'pre-existing condition' and would be excluded from the new policy too.
So for me 'whole of life' is the most important thing.
Hope that helps.

Lorna
x
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2008, 05:22:33 PM »
When my friend (the vet nurse) was telling me what to do re pet insurance she said that you have to make sure that it is a 'whole of life' policy. This means that if Cloe was diagnosed with a chronic condition they would pay out for the 'whole of her life' however a lot of policies will cover for the first year only and then after that will not pay out on the condition (could be very expensive) and you then can't switch companies as it is then called a 'pre-existing condition' and would be excluded from the new policy too.
Hope that helps.

Lorna
x

Thanks Lorna, that's language I understand  :shades: ;) Will bear all this in mind.

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 06:25:01 PM »
Hope that helps.

Lorna
x

Thanks Lorna, that's language I understand  :shades: ;) Will bear all this in mind.

LOL, I used to work for a financial services company doing customer communications in simple language so you can PM me if you need any other translations!  :005: It is a whole other language isn't it!
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline louisedi

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 07:07:49 PM »
Ive got all 3 of mine insured with Buddis, i pay around £45 for the 3,

they are insured up to £7000 each condition,

hessta has already got up to £1200, with her ear problems.

so its worth havin.

My partners dog has had a bill for £1050, he is insured with Directline, they pay the vet, so you dont have too find the cash,

I wouldnt be with out insurance know.

Louise & Harbethol gang

Offline tillyson

• i belive i can fly
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 07:09:55 PM »
we have life cover up to £7000 each year (total amount not per condition) and this is re newed every year to that amount as long as you stay with them. so any on going conditions are covered  ;)
chantelle & Tilly

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2008, 07:38:28 AM »
Ive got the same cover as Tillyson - £7000 per year for life - it was the biggest amount I could find and Im paying £13 a month for Alfie with Greenbee Insurance (John Lewis)

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2008, 01:56:34 PM »
To be honest, i am quite happy to have just back up for accident and illness. That £5000 would have gone a long long way to helping my Charley and hindsight is a wonderful thing. Im happy with just that tbh.

Tiamaria, is that £5000 per condition or is it per year for all vets fees? (Told you I'm hopeless  :embarassed:)

per condition i think?? Im just as hopeless - had to phone them and change it because id made Reuben a GIRL!! haha

REUBY DOOO!

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2008, 06:20:24 PM »
Thanks for everyone's replies.  I have finally decided to go with Greenbee, all the cover I want/need for £12.40 per month. I would never have been able to sort this out without the help of you guys...thanks again.