Author Topic: Lucy is coming back!! - Lucy is home - Im so sorry  (Read 9969 times)

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
Re: Spoke to soon, Lucy is coming back!!
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2009, 02:46:43 PM »
Body wraps are a part of Tellington Touch along with Ground work and the touches of which there are many. I found it very affective when I worked in Rescue. This is there website. I hope it can be some help.
http://www.ttouchtteam.co.uk/
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
Re: Spoke to soon, Lucy is coming back!!
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2009, 02:49:21 PM »
My cousin does T-Touch on horses, but it also works incredibly well for dogs too.
She has 2 dogs, one of whom has had lots of problems.  She is a young Weimeraner and when I go and stay with my cousin, I always take Josie with me.  To say that the 3 dogs together are lunatics is an understatement, but when it all gets a bit too crazy, my cousin wraps her Weimeraner and Josie with T-Touch bandage type things and they are almost instantly calm!
Her older dog is the dominant male, and he is very calm most of the time, but the two bitches get really wound up playing together.
If you would like me to put you in touch with my cousin for some advice, I am sure she wouldn't mind, just PM me and I can give you her details.

In the meantime, the idea of the equafleece might work as a sort of substitute, and things like the crate may help too.

I really hope it works out for you as you obviously love Lucy loads.  :luv:
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline kalem

• Limited Member
  • Me and my Gal xx
Re: Lucy is coming back!! - Lucy is home
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2009, 08:29:19 PM »
Hi everyone, thankyou all so much for your replies, I will take on board each and everyone if my head will take it all  :005: :luv:

Well got to Mums and Lucy did go mad for the first five minutes, then whilst we were sat in the kitchen having our coffee Lucy settled down and wandered around then went back to her bed.

She travelled back no problems, we went straight home my OH held out his arms to her to welcome her home and called Hello Luce come and see Daddy  ::) What did she do run straight past him into Lemmy's crate and took out his new squeaky toy, my eldest son then came down stairs and went to cuddle her and say hello she pulled away and wasent really bothered, I feel quite miffed actually ive worried and missed this girlie for the last two weeks and to be honest she hasent bothered much with any of us,  :-\  Its like she has never been away I thought she might of sat by my side seeing as I havent seen her for a fortnight but no she is exactly the same as if she had never been away.  EXCEPT she absolutely hates Lemmy!! oh dear just something else for me to try and sort out, she is avoiding him at all costs and they are now both asleep he is over by me and she is in her new bed, we have had a fairly quiet evening with no real issues, she just looks so b****y miserable she probably isnt but!!!
I think I give up trying to understand her, Mum said she tried to get Skipper to play whilst she was there, but he is a bit of a misery and dosent do play, now Lemmy wants to play she is avoiding him like the plague  :-\

My OH took Lemmy out to give me and Lucy some me time, I tried playing and cuddling but she really wasent fussed, so I went and made a coffee and she went into Lemmy's crate and just stayed there (I give up) she is quite calm and dosent appear anxious, she did have a manic five minutes a while ago when the door went but thats something I think will always be, she has had her tea, we have played a few games and she is now sleeping.

We shall see how she is tomorrow after a good nights kip,  :luv:

Thankyou all once again  :-*   

"My World is Orange" with a few blonde highlights
To the world my Cocker is just a dog, to me my Cocker is the World

Offline clovertash

• it's been a hard day at the park
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2009, 08:31:55 PM »
well, keep us posted xx

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2009, 08:47:26 PM »
we went straight home my OH held out his arms to her to welcome her home and called Hello Luce come and see Daddy  ::) What did she do run straight past him into Lemmy's crate and took out his new squeaky toy, my eldest son then came down stairs and went to cuddle her and say hello she pulled away and wasent really bothered, I feel quite miffed actually ive worried and missed this girlie for the last two weeks and to be honest she hasent bothered much with any of us,  :-\  Its like she has never been away I thought she might of sat by my side seeing as I havent seen her for a fortnight but no she is exactly the same as if she had never been away.  EXCEPT she absolutely hates Lemmy!! oh dear just something else for me to try and sort out, she is avoiding him at all costs and they are now both asleep he is over by me and she is in her new bed, we have had a fairly quiet evening with no real issues, she just looks so b****y miserable she probably isnt but!!!
I think I give up trying to understand her, Mum said she tried to get Skipper to play whilst she was there, but he is a bit of a misery and dosent do play, now Lemmy wants to play she is avoiding him like the plague  :-\

I really really would not worry at all about her lack of wanting to cuddle/fuss with you. She probably is pleased to be home in her familiar surroundings etc but they don't express it in the same way that we do. I think cuddles are more for us owners than the dogs themselves  :005: I really wouldn't give it another thought.  When Billy comes home from the kennels he walks into the house like he's just been on a walk! He knows he is home and thats that, I know deep down he's pleased to be home  :blink:

If anything the fact that she is not phased at having been away from her family should make your decision about her future slightly easier I would have thought, especially if you do decide to go down the rehoming route.

Take care  ;)

Offline kalem

• Limited Member
  • Me and my Gal xx
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2009, 08:56:49 PM »

I really really would not worry at all about her lack of wanting to cuddle/fuss with you. She probably is pleased to be home in her familiar surroundings etc but they don't express it in the same way that we do. I think cuddles are more for us owners than the dogs themselves  :005: I really wouldn't give it another thought.  When Billy comes home from the kennels he walks into the house like he's just been on a walk! He knows he is home and thats that, I know deep down he's pleased to be home  :blink:

If anything the fact that she is not phased at having been away from her family should make your decision about her future slightly easier I would have thought, especially if you do decide to go down the rehoming route.

Take care  ;)

Thats exactly what my OH has just said, she knows she is home and that is that, thanks jan/billy  :D

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2009, 09:00:37 PM »
I totally agree with Jan. Really hope everything works out for you....whatever option you finally decide upon.

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2009, 09:33:29 PM »
She's home, now take it step by step, day by day and see how you get on. Will be thinking of you and hope she enjoys sleeping back in her own home and wakes up in a great mood tomorrow.

Offline clovertash

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2009, 08:48:36 PM »
how are things?

Offline Bev

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2009, 08:54:49 PM »
thinking of you,love bev

Offline kalem

• Limited Member
  • Me and my Gal xx
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2009, 09:04:45 PM »
Hi Guys, Hmmmm not too bad, Lucy and Lemmy went for a two hour run through the woods today, me and OH enjoyed it too, she hasent been too bad, her barking is no better  >:(  The one thing im very worried about at the moment is her behaviour towards Lemmy, if he passes by her she growls, if he goes up to her she growls and moves away, if he is led on the floor  and she wants to get to the kitchen she near circles the outside of the living room to avoid him, and yet she will all of a sudden take her tuggy to him to want to play, then when he does go to play she chases him and growls until he goes away  :-\  He is a very cuddly pup and wants to lie by her but the minute he goes near her she just growls and moves away and lies elsewhere.  Its like she is petrified of him and yet she is the one thats showing distaste towards him.  She has slept quite a bit since coming home and I wonder whether she did a little too much running around at Mums (too much too quick sort of thing  :-\) Im going to tidy her coat
up tomorrow after a bath tomorrow Mum I think needs to go to specsavers  :005:

Im taking Lucy's behaviour one day at a time at the moment, Im trying not to analyse all situations at the mo and just letting her settle back in, in her own way.

Thankyou all for asking  :-*

Offline clovertash

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2009, 09:06:50 PM »
oh i'm glad things aren't too bad, i wish i had some real words of wisdom.  just keep us up to date  :D

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2009, 10:08:18 PM »
The one thing im very worried about at the moment is her behaviour towards Lemmy, if he passes by her she growls, if he goes up to her she growls and moves away, if he is led on the floor  and she wants to get to the kitchen she near circles the outside of the living room to avoid him, and yet she will all of a sudden take her tuggy to him to want to play, then when he does go to play she chases him and growls until he goes away  :-\  He is a very cuddly pup and wants to lie by her but the minute he goes near her she just growls and moves away and lies elsewhere.  Its like she is petrified of him and yet she is the one thats showing distaste towards him. 

You have just described Molly & Honey's relationship to a tee!!

Molly is the grumpy one out of the 2 - Honey wants to sleep near her, play with her, groom her (she loves licking Molly) but Molly growls and moves away every time!! Even if Molly is laying down on the floor and Honey walks passed, Molly growls until Honey is far enough away! They are always at opposite ends of the sofa!

I have just come to the conclusion that although they are obviously best friends who, whilst out on walks love playing with each other and stand up for each other if either one feels threatened - they are never going to be 'sisters' that are the cuddly/loving kind  :-\

They do sleep together at night time though  :luv: - makes me all gooey inside when I see them tucked up together, feel like taking a pic of them to prove they do love each other really!!  :lol2:

I too have no advice, just wanted you to know that not everyone has dogs that are totally compatable with each other!

I hope things start to work out for Lucy and Lemmy  :-*

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2009, 10:32:57 PM »
her barking is no better  >:( 

What sets off her barking?

Offline PennyB

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2009, 10:42:14 PM »
The one thing im very worried about at the moment is her behaviour towards Lemmy, if he passes by her she growls, if he goes up to her she growls and moves away, if he is led on the floor  and she wants to get to the kitchen she near circles the outside of the living room to avoid him, and yet she will all of a sudden take her tuggy to him to want to play, then when he does go to play she chases him and growls until he goes away  :-\  He is a very cuddly pup and wants to lie by her but the minute he goes near her she just growls and moves away and lies elsewhere.  Its like she is petrified of him and yet she is the one thats showing distaste towards him. 

You have just described Molly & Honey's relationship to a tee!!

Molly is the grumpy one out of the 2 - Honey wants to sleep near her, play with her, groom her (she loves licking Molly) but Molly growls and moves away every time!! Even if Molly is laying down on the floor and Honey walks passed, Molly growls until Honey is far enough away! They are always at opposite ends of the sofa!

I have just come to the conclusion that although they are obviously best friends who, whilst out on walks love playing with each other and stand up for each other if either one feels threatened - they are never going to be 'sisters' that are the cuddly/loving kind  :-\

They do sleep together at night time though  :luv: - makes me all gooey inside when I see them tucked up together, feel like taking a pic of them to prove they do love each other really!!  :lol2:

I too have no advice, just wanted you to know that not everyone has dogs that are totally compatable with each other!

I agree --- Ruby was like this when Wilf was a pup but when he sort of matured (he still hasn't age 5) she has no problems with him at all and they get along really well. At the end of the day as long as they're not trying to kill each other I wouldn't worry --- we can't always dictate how dogs should feel towards each other just by throwing them in a room together --- they are individuals who sometimes may want their own space sometimes
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!