Author Topic: How about PetWise Insurance  (Read 1691 times)

Offline JenLloyd

How about PetWise Insurance
« on: January 29, 2009, 01:13:36 PM »
We're looking at insurance for our five month old working cocker at the moment.  I've been looking at Pet Wise Insurance.  Anyone with them and can comment?  I'm thinking of getting the gold cover and using the co-insurance option.  The interesting thing is that they don't cover for the cost of castration.  Is that normal amongst policies?

Offline bracken

• Site Member
Re: How about PetWise Insurance
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 09:17:49 PM »
We have used them with no problem  :blink: Castration and spaying are never normally included in the cover. We recently paid £200 to have my girl spayed. 

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Re: How about PetWise Insurance
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 09:22:54 PM »
We're looking at insurance for our five month old working cocker at the moment.  I've been looking at Pet Wise Insurance.  Anyone with them and can comment?  I'm thinking of getting the gold cover and using the co-insurance option.  The interesting thing is that they don't cover for the cost of castration.  Is that normal amongst policies?

Routine treatment is not included in any standard insurance I know of - so spaying, neutering, vaccination and so forth are uninsured expenses.
A lot of policies contain clauses about dental work being excluded or only covered if the dog has a 12 monthly routine dental check up (which is also uninsured  ::)), so this is worth checking, too  :-\
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club