Author Topic: Insurance Confusion  (Read 6790 times)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Insurance Confusion
« on: August 09, 2004, 09:21:32 AM »
I'm hoping someone can help me before my sleep deprived annoyance is vented on an unsuspecting insurance salesman  :shock:

I am comparing insurance policies online, and have been through a number of Online Quote pages of different companies.

Some of them, when I get to the 'breed' section, list 'Blue Roan Spaniel' separate from 'Cocker Spaniel'. Having tried both I find that Blue Roan spaniels are cheaper to insure than Cocker spaniels. So... what do I do? Molo is a Blue Roan Cocker Spaniel   :?

Has anyone else with a Blue Roan been through this palava - or is a Blue Roan Spaniel something quite different?

Thanks                    
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline PennyB

Insurance Confusion
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 10:27:53 AM »
No as PetPlan just need the words Cocker Spaniel (English probably). Never heard of splitting it into colours. Its a bit colourist really isn't it!                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Insurance Confusion
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 11:49:21 AM »
Never heard of that before! I'd be tempted to give them a call to see what they mean. Do they list other coloured spaniels separately??                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Insurance Confusion
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 12:59:16 PM »
I've never heard of that either  :?
I'm with Tesco at the moment but I might change to the M&S one as that seems really good  :wink:                    

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Insurance Confusion
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 01:12:18 PM »
I hope you do find out why they list blue roans separately, Rachel, because the more I think about it, the more I want to know now. If they're making distinctions between colours, then the only logical reason I can think of is they believe certain colours are more prone to illness/issues (we all know what issues they might be) than others, and I would want to know what they're basing this on...                    

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Insurance Confusion
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 01:35:02 PM »
Well, I've telephoned the insurance company involved, and they have advised me to list Molo as a pedigree Blue Roan spaniel, but they couldn't tell me why the two are listed separately.

I've got my suspicions, I'll PM you Mike to let you know the company, as I think its worth further investigation.                    
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Insurance Confusion
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004, 02:45:11 PM »
Posted: 09 Aug 2004 12:35    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I've telephoned the insurance company involved, and they have advised me to list Molo as a pedigree Blue Roan spaniel, but they couldn't tell me why the two are listed separately.  

I've got my suspicions, I'll PM you Mike to let you know the company, as I think its worth further investigation.  

Could you pm me too please :wink:  One because I give out insurance advise at work and two, I'm a nosey moo :wink:  :lol:

I'm with Tesco at the moment but I might change to the M&S one as that seems really good

I'd hang fire with that one at the moment Gilly :?  They got my boys records ages ago and I've not heard a single thing back and their 10 day cover has now ran out :roll:  Thankfully I kept the More Than policies running until they were fully covered                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Insurance Confusion
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2004, 04:21:31 PM »
I'll do that Gill  :wink:  let me know if they get their finger out  :roll:

do you think butty could pass as a blue roan  :lol:  :twisted:                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Insurance Confusion
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2004, 04:29:11 PM »

do you think butty could pass as a blue roan  :lol:  :twisted:

Maybe, if there colour blind Gilly  :wink:                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Insurance Confusion
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2004, 04:34:10 PM »
I don't think there would be a problem with naming the company on the forum - I'm sure a lot of people would be interested. Insurance companies take into account previous claims when setting premiums so presumably this company has fewer claims for blue roans than any other colour which seems bizarre :?

Jane                    
Jane

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
Insurance Confusion
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2004, 07:49:12 PM »
very strange im with pet plan simple words english cocker spaniel no colour comes into it , id love to know why they have stated this .if anyone finds out let us know  :lol:                    

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Insurance Confusion
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2004, 11:08:49 AM »
[I'd hang fire with that one at the moment Gilly :?  They got my boys records ages ago and I've not heard a single thing back and their 10 day cover has now ran out :roll:  Thankfully I kept the More Than policies running until they were fully covered

I'm with M&S and I had a delay too.  After querying the delay with M&S they were infact extremely helpful and they got on the case very quickly and got it sorted.  There was a delay in my vet sending Lotties records apparently :? I'd give them a buzz Gill.                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline PennyB

Insurance Confusion
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2004, 01:43:40 PM »
That's interesting as my vet didn't have to send anything and we were covered straight away with PetPlan (and I believe Petplan and M&S are linked anyway)                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Insurance Confusion
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2004, 03:36:50 PM »
That's interesting as my vet didn't have to send anything and we were covered straight away with PetPlan (and I believe Petplan and M&S are linked anyway)

Perhaps it's because Lottie wasn't a puppy when I insured her.  She was nearly 16 months before I made the decision.                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Insurance Confusion
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2004, 04:26:20 PM »
I have recently insured my two with M&S and all they asked was for my vets address, and had either ever been treated for anything other than vaccinations? as the answer was no cover could start from any date I wished?

Michelle