Author Topic: Watching first show - help  (Read 1450 times)

Offline Oliver21508

Watching first show - help
« on: February 28, 2009, 07:07:17 PM »
Hiya

I am going to watch my first show tomorrow at Coventry show. I don't quite know what to do. I have ordered a catalogue. What happens and where do I need to go?

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Re: Watching first show - help
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 07:13:40 PM »
In my experience as a spectator, it's all pretty informal; I've never had to report my arrival to anyone, even when I have had a NFC dog with me  ;) 

Enjoy !  :D
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 07:22:08 PM »
When you arrive there will be a table where you pay an entrance fee, you can pick up your catalogue  :blink: find a seat and enjoy  :blink:
Have a good day  :blink:
Jo

Offline Oliver21508

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 07:27:15 PM »
Does anyone know what the entrance fee is? Is it all in one place, ie can you move around, or do you all sit in one place and watch?

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 07:30:49 PM »
Not sure that there is an entrance fee at this one?

You will see where people are picking up catalogues from just queue up say your surname and you will get a catalogue.
Not sure of the venue but you can move around and look at different rings.
Hope you enjoy
Sarah Dyllan Tyke and Lance

www.brimbeck.co.uk

Offline LouiseH

• Site Member
  • Lourisma Moon Quest
    • Lourisma Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 07:54:53 PM »
Not many open shows charge an entrance fee unless it is an agricultural show or championship show but if they do there will be someone collecting money at the door. It is usually only a couple of £. Catalogues are sometimes at the door or at the Secretary's table, if you are unsure just ask as most exhibitors will have ordered a catalogue so will know where to go. In the catalogue you will find the different breeds listed, their judges and which dogs are entered under them. Have a wonder round there is usually a list of breeds in each ring  ;) and sometimes a list at the entrance. Grab a seat as they go quick  ;)  :005: If you find where the cocker people are they will usually be close to the ring they are being judged in. It's quite informal really, have fun  :D If you want to talk to people try to approach them after they have been in the ring and shown their dog as it can be quite difficult to talk to people when getting your dogs ready for the ring, especially if you have just got that last hair to lie flat and then someone comes up for a full on cuddle (Cleo only does this type of cuddle  :luv:)   :lol2:
Louise Harrison
Lourisma Cocker Spaniels

Offline marbledmolly

• Site Member
  • Remy & Jade
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 08:04:20 PM »
We're at the Coventry Gun Dog tomorrow  :D It will great to say hello and i know Jade will be more than willing to participate in cocker cuddles.

We're got COL badges i will have to remember to take them  ;)

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 08:13:20 PM »
If you want to talk to people try to approach them after they have been in the ring and shown their dog as it can be quite difficult to talk to people when getting your dogs ready for the ring, especially if you have just got that last hair to lie flat and then someone comes up for a full on cuddle (Cleo only does this type of cuddle  :luv:)   :lol2:

I didnt appreciate just how important this was, until I started to get Alfie ready to go into the ring myself. Alfie will jump hoops if anyone pays him attention, literally  :005: He goes nuts wanting to kiss everyone and becomes very unruley  ph34r :005: People know now to ignore him for me (thank god)  :005:

Enjoy the show, I am sure you will love it, they are like sheer cocker heaven  :luv:

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 10:21:50 PM »
We're at the Coventry Gun Dog tomorrow  :D It will great to say hello and i know Jade will be more than willing to participate in cocker cuddles.

We're got COL badges i will have to remember to take them  ;)

We'll be there too - come and find us  ;)  It's not a huge venue, all rings likely to be indoors although does say that sometimes will move some outside.  Sure you don't pay as a spectator.

We're planning to put the crate down the far end of the hall if they lay out the rings with 1 & 2 nearest door you enter through and 7/8 at the bottom.  Not many seats about and gets a bit crowded depending on the entry.

There are two halls and may be a show in the other hall too  ;)

Look forward to meeting you tomorrow

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 10:32:56 PM »
Just checked, there is another dog show in the other hall but you shouldn't have too much difficulty telling which show is which  - ours is all gun dogs - the other is a Championship show for
ST BERNARDS   ;)  :005: :005:

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie