Author Topic: Insurance: Animal friends insurance - anyone use them?  (Read 1522 times)

Offline wrenside

• Site Member
Insurance: Animal friends insurance - anyone use them?
« on: April 08, 2009, 12:22:27 PM »
Hey guys,

Bella and Moss's insurance cover with healthy pets needs renewing and the kind people at healthy pets have doubled the premium and also raised the excess by a third!  >:( Bella and Moss have never had any health problems, we haven't made any claims etc.. so we're slightly pi**ed off that the insurers have decided to do these small changes just to rake in more cash from us for no good reason, especially during these financially tight times  >:( They've also changed their underwriter from Axa insurance (who we know are good) to AmTrust International Underwriters (who we've never heard of!).

Sooo we're thinking of jumping ship as it were  ::)

The most attractive option is the Animal friends Gold Standard insurance because it's cheaper, has a lower excess, covers an unlimited number of illnesses annually and for the whole of the dogs lifetime, has a good third party cover, has a reasonable vets fees cover per condition, and also they say that 100% of the profit they make from the insurance goes to animal charities because they are a non profit making group  :shades: Sooo we're thinking that we'd much rather give are hard earned cash to these people because they're supposedly an 'ethical' company.

What do you guys think?

My other question is, can they after the first year raise their premiums on us like the healthy pets insurers have? Is there a pet insurere that doesn't raise their premium after the first year?!!  ph34r

Anyway, your advice on this insurer would be fab, because obviously we don't want to jeopardize our doggies health cover  :luv:

Mary xxx

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
Re: Insurance: Animal friends insurance - anyone use them?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 12:30:40 PM »
Dennis is insured with Greenbee , i think thats now underwritten by AXA ? and its cheap too. :D

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
Re: Insurance: Animal friends insurance - anyone use them?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 01:58:49 PM »
i have both George and Hamish insured with Animal Friends, i have the Platinum Super, so far the premium has only gone up a matter of pennies in the last couple of years :D like you, i like the thought of animal charities benefiting from my insurance.

Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum