Author Topic: Saying a shy hello again!  (Read 6553 times)

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
Re: Saying a shy hello again!
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 09:13:09 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that Adele - was Chloe re-homed or did you have to PTS?  :-\
She was PTS  :'( and I will always wonder whether it was the right thing to do, especially after the over friendly postman said he would have taken her on!  :'( But I would have always been wondering what she was doing, whether she was attacking other dogs, other kids, you name it! I've found out since she used to growl at my then partner when I wasn't around which wasn't like her, maybe she was telling him something!?!?!?! As I've looked back her behaviour to other dogs was unpredictable and I'm not the kind of person not to know my dog inside and out, I don't want to feel like a bad owner and I don't want to feel like I've let her down! She was my shadow completely and it's only after we lost her that I realised quite how much she had changed; I think spending so much time with her I saw her change gradually and loved her so much I made excuses for her  ph34r After speaking to people we walked with daily they were shocked but all mentioned the change in her and understand completely. RIP Chloe xxx

Thank you for all the welcomes back, life really isn't the same without a cocker  :luv:

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 09:14:48 PM »
I'm so sorry you had to make that decision  :'(
helen & jarvis x

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 09:18:32 PM »
Blimey Adele I know how hard that was for you to type  :luv:

I just want you to know that I am still here for you as i was then  :-*  (yes I have to admit to knowing what happened at the time and hopefully i did give you some support through the PM's we shared  :luv:  ;) )

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 09:23:22 PM »
Thanks guys and a huge thanks and hug for you Caroline!  :luv: Off to blow my nose now, RIP Braan and Chloe  :'(

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 09:24:54 PM »
I'm so sorry you had to make that decision  :'(

Me too - it must have been awful  :'( :'(

Welcome back to COL - hope you will stay around this time :bigarmhug:
Julie and Watson

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 09:32:56 PM »
Hi,welcome back, we had to have our cavie pts in Jan for health reasons and even though you know you are doing the right thing it really doesn't help with the guilt does it :'( But on a lighter note we too have a 13 week old solid black show cocker called Belle, she is being a very good girl, doing all the puppy things but that is only to be expected ;) I bet you can't wait to see the look on your kids faces, we kept it a secret until 2 weeks before we picked her up, my OH just blurted it out whilst watching a dog act on Britains got Talent ph34r >:( I would have loved it to have stayed a secret, I really look forward to seeing pics of your new bundle of fun ;)
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline SandraD

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 09:40:31 PM »
Welcome back to COL and so sorry to hear about your beautiful Chloe.  Good luck with the new addition, we have a four month old blue roan and tan show cocker called Monty and he is keeping me on my toes, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 09:44:37 PM »
I do hope to stay around now and to keep up to date with all the meets, all the news and I am contemplating showing this time around  ph34r FloraNoraDora is doing so well so far it seems a shame not to but I don't know, a huge committment I know!  :005:

bajoleth - it's so hard hiding the secret isn't it? The kids are going to be totally over the moon, well I say that, they had hoped for a Golden Retriever!  ::) Maybe in a couple of years?  :005: They are my 2nd choice but after loving a cocker so much they will always be my first choice, despite our experience  :luv:

Offline Coco

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 09:50:49 PM »
Welcome back Adele, so sorry to hear about Chloe. I think it's natural whatever the circumstances of one of our pups passing to have 'what ifs' and 'if onlys' doubts and regrets, it's part of the process but i'm sure that you did the absolute best anyone could have for your girl.  :luv:

Congratulations on your new addition, I bet you must be bursting at the seams to tell the kids. I have to say I think i'd have to tell the the night before or something so that I could share my excitement  :D Have they got a day off school the next day?  ;)

Can't wait for the pics
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009, 09:58:25 PM »
So sorry you had to make that decision.  :'(  I'm sure FND will bring you loads of love and happiness  :luv:   

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009, 10:02:42 PM »
Welcome back Adele, so sorry to hear about Chloe. I think it's natural whatever the circumstances of one of our pups passing to have 'what ifs' and 'if onlys' doubts and regrets, it's part of the process but i'm sure that you did the absolute best anyone could have for your girl.  :luv:

Congratulations on your new addition, I bet you must be bursting at the seams to tell the kids. I have to say I think i'd have to tell the the night before or something so that I could share my excitement  :D Have they got a day off school the next day?  ;)

Can't wait for the pics

Nope they'll be back at school the next day as normal! I think FND (thanks Jeanette!) will probably appreciate that! I need time with the new love of my life to get her introduced to all the other pets! Don't want to upset any of them!  :005:

Offline Coco

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009, 10:27:36 PM »
On a totally different note, didn't Cob-web Rachel used to have that avatar pic - this will be confusing!  :005:
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline Cath

• Site Member
  • Breagh
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2009, 10:32:26 PM »
Hi Adele and welcome back. I am so sorry to hear about Chloe, it has to be one of the hardest decisions ever to make  :'( I hope that Wednesday comes quickly for you and wish you all the best for many happy years with FloraNoraDora. Looking forward to seeing her photos  :-*

Murron

Nothing beats the unconditional love of our doey eyed spaniels.
Cath, Breagh, Caoimhe and my angel at the bridge Milly.

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 10:43:18 PM »
Sorry Adele, like the majority I didn't know about Chloe  :'(

Hope we don't have to wait too long to meet this new beautiful baby  :luv:
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2009, 11:06:05 PM »
Adele, I'm so so sorry to hear about Chloe - I've had my head in nappies since Jan so not really noticed things going on but I thought i hadn't seen you post for a while. I remember you posting about problems with her and really hope you're ok. We all know it's not a decision that will have been easy for you  :-* :-*

Anyway, can't wait to see you're new little lady, LOVE the name  :005: Can't wait to hear how the kids react too  :luv:

On a totally different note, didn't Cob-web Rachel used to have that avatar pic - this will be confusing!  :005:

That was confusing me too!!! But that's easily done these days :lol:

Hannah xx

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x