Author Topic: How do you stop a dog being scrared of cats????  (Read 1518 times)

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
How do you stop a dog being scrared of cats????
« on: June 07, 2009, 08:59:32 PM »
OK this is getting hilarious but ridiculous!  :005: Flora will not go anywhere near the cats unless they are on my knee! I've just had a soak in the bath so she followed me upstairs, after 4 attempts!!! The cats were all upstairs and she kept coming to the top but then spying them around the corner of the bannister so went back downstairs again!  ph34r I got my pjs on and invited her to join me back downstairs, would she join me? Nope! Not until I'd carried her down past the horrible cats!  :005:

I do hope she gets used to them soon, throughout the day you can see she wants to actually play with the kittens but if they come up to her then it's a different matter! Not really a quest for help as I know she will get used to them eventually but it's just really funny at times! At night we all share a bedroom now! I take her bed upstairs and she sleeps on that (still hates her crate when on her own!) and the cats sleep on my bed!

I guess I should just be grateful the cats aren't scared of her shouldn't I? The rabbits aren't scared of her and she does give chase every now and then but a quick call from me and she ignores them  :luv: So hopefully soon we'll all live in perfect harmony  :005:

I really do live in a mad house!  :005:

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
Re: How do you stop a dog being scrared of cats????
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 10:42:35 PM »
Cant help but i think they will work it out for themselves flora and the kittens are young enough to become friends. I wish my old cat Lucy would become friends with Bonnie Boo but she is very wary of her and all Bonnie wants to do is love her she will kiss lucy if i am holding her. I would love both of them to sleep in the bedroom .
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 10:55:36 PM »
No advice, Murphy's not too keen on cats, one swiped and hissed at him once, Maddi doesn't really mind them, when she first came home she spent alot of time with one of my friends at her house and she had two cats.  I hope they get along soon!
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline mcphee

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 01:06:30 PM »
It is odd isn't it. When Rufus forgets himself and decides to chase the cat (Charlie is now 1 so not a kitten) it sounds awful, but Charlie always comes back for more. He often takes a provocative swipe at Rufus as he goes past, or runs between his legs. It has taken a while, but they can both sleep on the couch or bed together. However, Charlie has learnt that it is better not to linger in the back garden whilst Rufus is out and about because out door games are much rougher!