Author Topic: Another insurance question  (Read 1440 times)

Offline CatherineL

• Site Member
Another insurance question
« on: July 21, 2009, 11:52:52 AM »
This is my first post although I have been reading all your posts for quite some time now.  I have 2 cockers, Poppy and Archie they are such characters and make us smile everyday.  I also have a Siamese cat called Noodle which is the reason for this question.  I took Noodle for her annual booster yesterday and they found that she needed at least one tooth removed possibly more which they won't find out until they have done a scale of the rest, she is 13 and this will be the first time she has needed anything doing.  On checking the insurance we have found that it does not cover dental and gums, something we didn't think of checking when taking the insurance out.  Have now checked the insurance for the dogs and they are also not covered for teeth and gums.  I just wondered if any of you very knowledgable people have managed to get insurance which covers teeth and gums.  We have now found out that this can be very costly, been quoted £200 upwards by vet for the procedure which will depend on what they find when they start scaling her teeth.  Sorry this has turned out to be a bit long winded.

Offline PennyB

Re: Another insurance question
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 12:51:28 PM »
I would say most if not all policies won't cover this - in theory general dental work can be prevented which is why they don't. They will cover if its for injury or similar.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 05:59:13 PM »
Some policies cover "emergency" dental work like this assuming that the pet has had regular/routine dental check-ups and scaling etc, which are not covered by the policy  :-\
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 07:01:28 PM »
Brodie had three teeth removed because of an underbite and PetPlan paid out for it :D

x In memory of Barney x