Author Topic: Greenbee Pet Insurance  (Read 8133 times)

Offline AnnieA

• Donator
  • Ted!
Re: Greenbee Pet Insurance
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2009, 11:24:01 PM »
After reading this I got a quote from Greenbee for Henry, and it was £25!  :o  What's different about me?  :huh:

With the amount of money I spend in John Lewis/Waitrose, I think I should get at least 10% off  :lol2:

Sleep tight Henry, our little snuggle puppy :luv:

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2009, 07:49:49 AM »
After reading this I got a quote from Greenbee for Henry, and it was £25!  :o  What's different about me?  :huh:

With the amount of money I spend in John Lewis/Waitrose, I think I should get at least 10% off  :lol2:

And me!!  I got a quote from Greenbee and it was in excess of £30 per month - in fact they took second place to Pet Plan for being the most expensive!!

I was looking at Animal Friends which seemed quite a bit cheaper, but as yet haven't got around to studying the small print on what is and what isn't covered.  Rosie was on prescription diets for about three years and that cost in excess of £100 per month - she also had hydrotherapy, so I'm very aware of how the cost of these treatments can mount up - Rosie wasn't insured, and when I finally did get insurance in her 13th year, practically everything was excluded!  This time around I want to make sure that I'm covered against every possible scenario so I won't have the financial aspect to worry about.  I did notice that the premium with Animal Friends remains the same up to 8 years of age and then only increases slightly for dogs over 8 years - has anyone on COL had any experience with them?

I need to study the various policies available asap as I am only one month away from my little one coming home!

Offline smartietopdog

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2009, 08:13:29 AM »
I knew I was special!!!
Seriosly tho, thats a big difference in price isn't it? Were your twos' dogs older or something?
I'm gonna have to study the small print when the policy arrives.....................

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2009, 08:17:45 AM »
William is insured with NFU, lifetime cover, up to £4,000 in any one year and last year it cost me just over £16 per month. Definitely not the cheapest, but they were recommended to me by neighbours whose 10 year old Cocker has auto immune problems and their 7 year old Cocker has terrible joint problems. NFU have paid everything for both of those poor boys over the years.

William's renewal is at the end of this month. I've just had the quote and it's gone down a bit! I've asked about adding Louis and if I do it will make both proportionally cheaper again. But having read so much about Greenbee on here I'm going to get a quote from them as well. I'll be interested to find out what their policy will be on covering William's pre-existing back condition.

PS to annie_9_17, I'm collecting Louis today. When do you get Henry? Maybe we could have a new puppy mini meet sometime?

Offline smartietopdog

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2009, 08:20:10 AM »
OOOOOhhhh Elaine, we want puppy piccies!!! I'll look forward to them, could be tempted...................

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2009, 11:58:24 AM »
I'll be interested to find out what their policy will be on covering William's pre-existing back condition.
I don't think they will cover it Elaine. This is what it says on their website:

What conditions will you have to pay for yourself?
Most policies don't cover routine check-ups and treatment for pre-existing medical conditions. You need to check your policy carefully to see what exclusions it might contain.

It may be worth contacing them though, to ask.

Good luck today with Louie, let us know how it goes. :D

Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2009, 12:11:56 PM »
I wouldn't think any company would pay for pre-existing conditions would they?  Except maybe with a big hike in  the cost !

Offline AnnieA

• Donator
  • Ted!
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2009, 03:33:57 PM »
I knew I was special!!!
Seriosly tho, thats a big difference in price isn't it? Were your twos' dogs older or something?
I'm gonna have to study the small print when the policy arrives.....................

No! Henry's just a baby, not even home with us yet, so no pre-existing conditions!  I don't think I live somewhere incredibly dangerous for cockers  :huh: :005:

PS to annie_9_17, I'm collecting Louis today. When do you get Henry? Maybe we could have a new puppy mini meet sometime?

We're getting him tomorrow (squeaks excitedly  :005:).  :D  A puppy mini-meet would be lovely.  Hope young Louis settles in well.  :luv: :luv:

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2009, 07:11:05 PM »
Does it make a difference in price if they are not microchipped ? Dennis is and his is £14 pm with Greenbee

Offline smartietopdog

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2009, 08:05:55 PM »
Smartie isn't.............................

Offline AnnieA

• Donator
  • Ted!
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2009, 08:27:08 PM »
I can't remember if I put down if Henry was chipped or not (he isn't but he will be)  :huh:

He comes with temporary Pet Plan, so I will have to shop around.  The cats came with Pet Plan and I've never got round to changing it - just lazy really  ph34r

Offline scott0904

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2009, 10:19:15 AM »
hi guys just had a quick look through all the posts its all a bit mumble jumble to me

what advice can you give me on insurance should i be looking for a life cover one and one that pays a good few Ks per condition and also what is does third party mean

or is it ok just getting a 12 month quote for my pup  ::) ahh the joys of looking for insurance

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2009, 12:11:24 PM »
You are really best with life time cover. Then they will pay out year after  year  for the same illness providing you keep paying the premiums.
12 months cover they would only be covered for a particular illness for twelve months. If it reoccurs after that you wouldn't be covered.
Third party insures you for any damage, accident to a third party. Usually not people who live with you.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.