Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 7523 times)

Offline bobthebuilder

Re: Insurance
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 10:19:08 PM »
The Argos quote does look cheap.
Anyone got any experience of them paying out when needed?? >:D

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 11:03:15 PM »
They also paid directly to the vet.

This is up to the vet rather than the insurance company. Any insurance company will pay either you or the vet as directed but a lot of vets don't accept direct payment from the insurers so you have to pay upfront and then claim it back yourself.

I'm currently dithering between an expensive Petplan at £24 (£4k life long annual cover) or Greenbee at £17 (£7k lifelong annual cover)

Out of those two I'd go for the cheaper one which offers more cover! Although you need to check that the policy covers the rest of your requirements obviously.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Deeside Cocker

• Shirley and our new Puppy " Ellie "
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 11:20:35 PM »
WE had a phone call from the kennel club asking if we were going to continue with their insurance once the free period ended. I said we were to look around for value and lo and behold they asked us to check the crufts insurance £13.50 a month for life cover i think. but we paid in full in one go which qualified for a little discount.

Phill , Shirley and Ellie

Offline Sprinkles

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 09:59:37 PM »
Mmmm now considering Crufts insurance, it was £16 for £7500 life long cover but I notice the Excess is £50 plus 10%. Decisions decisions!!  >:(
Jo slave to the Cocker! ;)

Offline Annie's Mum

• Donator
  • Annie Cocker & Maisie Cav
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 10:23:58 PM »
I maybe completely stupid  :005: but when you are all saying life long cover..is that life of same illness..My two are with tesco and its a bad policy in the sense it's £10 but on 4yrs...I can't move Maisie Cavvy as she has had too much done...but want to move annies insurance
Sarah owned by Maisie & Annie

Offline gabbycocker

• Donator
  • Gorgeous Gabby
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 10:25:37 PM »
Life long cover means that they will pay up to a certain amount each year for life.

My policy for Gabby and Pepper is £12,000 for vets fees per year for life.

Hope this helps.
Kerry & Gabby xxxxxx

"My little dog---a heartbeat at my feet." - Edith Wharton

Offline davidj1701

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 04:26:06 PM »
Has anyone had experience of PDSA Pet Insurance?
What are they like & could you recommend them?

Offline MrsJude

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 10:35:35 PM »
We settled for HSBC, nice simple terms, have a look at their website

Lifetime cover, providing you renew your policy each year. Up to £7,500 per year for veterinary fees.  Probably not as comprehensive as some, but only about £14 a month, our new male puppy is slightly more, but only by about a pound (5% online discount for 2nd dog).
My hubby spent hours trawling all the policies we could find and we decided this one was the best and affordable for us.

There's a policy document you can read before getting a quote.

http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/personal/insurance/pet-insurance

My poor cats x 3 are not insured and cost us a blurdy fortune  >:(
We also liked the look of Virgin and Animal Friends as well, although AF require quite a high percentage of the bill to be paid by you.

Good Luck  :blink:

Offline Sprinkles

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2009, 03:49:54 PM »
I'm being a bit thick here and have looked at your link too! Just got in from work maybe thats why  :005:! Does it cover for the whole of life. I notice if its a new application the dog must be under 9 which is fair enough. I don't want anything that stops as the dog gets older and then you end up having to shop around with a list of previous ailments!
Jo slave to the Cocker! ;)

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2009, 04:23:55 PM »
I had Pet Plan for Jenny and over the years we had claims which were paid prompt.ley and didnt take to long when we lost Jenny I have Peny with Pet plan as she is insured for liability ect, There is not much diffence with kennel club regarding price. We had 4weeks cover also but time goes rfeally quick Hope our qnswers have helped you with your decision.
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline MrsJude

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2009, 06:11:24 PM »
HSBC covers a condition for life upto £7500 per year. It also covers for burial/cremation, which is not on many policies.

Offline davidj1701

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2009, 07:19:06 PM »
Thanks everyone for your help,
just getting up to speed on pet insurance,
have noticed the "Condition for Life" term,
On the PDSA quote, it says "12 month/ Max-benefit / Reinstatment"
Is this the same or some thing else?

Offline davidj1701

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2009, 12:08:05 AM »
HSBC covers a condition for life upto £7500 per year. It also covers for burial/cremation, which is not on many policies.

Just had a quote from HSBC,
Does look good

Offline scott0904

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2009, 03:17:12 PM »
Just following on from the mention of Argos insurance, we did an online quote with them and they seem to be quoting the best so far for us, and thats not just best on cover price, but what it includes.

Im just wondering what everyone elses thoughts are on Argos as a company to deal with and like..

The quote we got for Floyd was £11.78 monthly or £141.28 annually for their platinum cover, this inlcudes

Ongoing cover provided up to £7,000 per year, treatment period is unlimited and excess charges of £60.

Whats your thoughts?

Offline honeysmun

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2009, 05:15:17 PM »
Hi
I asked about Insurance  a week ago as I had the both girls with More Than, when Holly's renewal came it had gone up from £15.99 to £20.99.Honey's would be the same, so with both dogs covered this would be costing just under £42.a month  :o a number of great insurance names given and went for Healthy Pets.www.healthy-pets.co.uk.
Although I could have signed up on line I wanted to speak to someone as Holly being a Ex Puppy Farm girl we had only a rough idea of her age. The lady I spoke to was so helpful and I now have  them at the princely sum of £19.77 for them both. :clapping: I had the Gold cover which £5000 excess £75. dog third party £1 million. death by illness/accident / advertising reward /theft or straying £750. excess  £100.
holiday cancellation £2000.

Hope this helps