Author Topic: Whats the most you had to claim on your pet insurance in 12 months?  (Read 4119 times)

Offline fizzyntiffy

• Donator
Re: Whats the most you had to claim on your pet insurance in 12 months?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 08:35:02 PM »
£6000 with my non-cocker over 3 weeks in Jan (with Virgin - very good, paid up straight away to the vets), £2000 out of my own pocket since then, and tis ongoing.... changed insurers since then, she's not covered for it now, but wouldn't have been anyway as she used up the 'per condition'

I;m very poor  ;)

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 11:57:04 AM »
I think it would be around £1000 per dog... Dylan had kidney trouble which costs around £900 in just one week. And Jesse cost a lot of money in allergy and thyroid testing and treatment and came to probably around £1000 in a year too. The dogs are insured with M&S and they have always paid everything without problems.

Vera
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk

Offline HayleyJB

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 10:17:00 PM »
Probably somewhere in the region of £4k when Jezzie ruptured a disc in her spine.  That was four years ago and since then boy have they tried to get some of that back off me!  I've been with Sainsburys for years and am seriously considering not renewing.  I got my renewal last week, I pay monthly and was paying £46 a month, they've increased it to nearly £80 a month, just short of £1000 for the year, with £125 (or 15%) excess.

Jezzie is 15 years old and she's on Vivitonin & Propalin and currently on antibiotics for a water infection so I don't expect to pay £10 a month for her but £80 a month is extortionate.  If you ask me it's just emotional blackmail, they know they have you over a barrel when they get to this sort of age.  I am trying to decide whether I could put the £80 a month away for future vets fees or whether that is too risky.

Saying that I have just had a look at Greenbee after reading some posts on here.  They have quoted me £40 a month with £75 excess but that won't cover existing conditions so now I have a dilemma!!!
RIP Misty 09.04.90 - 26.03.05 & her daughter Jezzie 15.07.94 - 08.07.11 x

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 10:29:02 PM »
Healthy Pets paid out something in the region of £3,500 in the last year of her life. There were no quibbles whatsoever.

The last thing I needed was to be worrying about whether I could afford the vet bills when she was so ill. It meant that any decision I took about her treatment was absolutely for her benefit and not one iota for mine.
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories