Author Topic: Worth showing?  (Read 774 times)

Offline M4ndy

Worth showing?
« on: October 16, 2009, 01:13:26 PM »
Last night at ringcraft the 'judge' said that Jasmine looked as if she had some worker in her. He said she has a long muzzle and is a bit fine and long in the body. She doesn't have the depth of ribcage.  :-\ (He also said some very nice things too)I explained that she is all show but afterwards I thought that she does have some jafare lines in her and I know that they crossed types so I guess it is possible that there is a bit of worker in there somewhere. So I was wondering if its worth showing her at all. I was only doing it for a bit of fun anyway, I know she isn't particularly well bred and wasn't expecting to go to crufts or anything. But I don't want to be laughed out of the ring and always be last either :005:

Offline Doggiecrazy

Re: Worth showing?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 04:14:19 PM »
Our bitch has Jafare grandad. We enjoy showing even though she doesn't have perfect lines. Just a bit of fun  :D
One cocker leads to another...

Offline jennyspin

• Site Member
  • my gorgeous Boyd & Jitka at Master Groom 2012
Re: Worth showing?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 09:17:27 PM »
I've been showing for just over a year now and I would say that if you think that you will enjoy it, then go for it! We have just qualified our first dog for Crufts 2010 and never thought we would do it so anything can happen. Good luck and best wishes, Jenny
Sandlauga cockers
Never assume anything...except an occasional air of intelligence! The Sheriff to Guy of Gisbourne (Richard Carpenter, Robin or Sherwood, Rip 27/02/2012, a writing talent who will be missed).