Author Topic: Disappearing Testicles!  (Read 1486 times)

Offline Andrea L

• Site Member
Disappearing Testicles!
« on: October 17, 2004, 02:40:21 PM »
Hi,

Can any of you that show your dogs give me any advice on how to stop Silas sucking his 'bits' in when the judge examines him on the table?

He's done this at all 3 shows so far.

I went to a companion show with him a couple of weeks before his first show and when the judge felt down there, he growled at her.I couldn't understand why at the time, because it was so out of character for him, he's such a friendly little chap.

Maybe she squeezed a bit hard and hurt him, and now as soon as anyone tries to feel him, poof they're gone  :rolleyes:

Is it a good idea to stop showing him for a while until he matures a bit and cant suck them up at will or should I persevere and hope he gets usd to it?

Hope some-one can help,thanks.
lots of woofs n' licks,
Andrea, Silas and Marley

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Disappearing Testicles!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 03:31:24 PM »
This isn't that unusual Andrea & I'm sure Silas will grow out of this in time - eventually, his bits will be too big to go back up anyway :lol: It's a shame that some judges can be quite rough especially if inexperienced which is maybe what happened at the companion show. All you can do is be patient & get as many people to "go over" Silas as possible (at ringcraft etc), making the whole experience fun for him with lots of praise & treats etc. I wouldn't personally stop entering shows - it's all good experience for him & for you :)

Jane
Jane

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Disappearing Testicles!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 03:53:42 PM »
aaaw - poor fella. Not surprised he puts them away - at least he can atm :D

Buddy used to sit on their hands when he was young - he was never keen on having his bits jangled :D but you do need to keep at it and as Jane says - get lots of people to gently go over him - and use these opportunities to give him lots of praise and a treat to get him to see there's something nice for him in this.

Good luck with your showing. It can be great fun :D  
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Andrea L

• Site Member
Disappearing Testicles!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 04:22:07 PM »
Thanks guys, ( or should I say girls :D )

I was all for leaving it for a while, but I'll stick with it like you say.it's just a bit disheartening being last or thrown out every time :rolleyes:

Any magic spells for making them grow???? :lol:  
lots of woofs n' licks,
Andrea, Silas and Marley

Offline motobrox

• Site Member
Disappearing Testicles!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 01:19:34 PM »
The is a heral tablet that increases Testosterone in dogs which help their testicles drop. My secretary who is a pug breeder recomended for our new puppy if his bits don't drop as expected. I can find out what it is if you want to use it, it can be ordered on line.

As for the growling, speaking as a male I can't say I blame him.  :P  

Offline Curtisio

• Site Member
Disappearing Testicles!
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 02:14:59 PM »
I would be interested in reading more about this product and may try it on Kyro if I thinkit looks safe. He's now 6 moths and still no manhood showing.
Paul - Kyro - Daisy & Cookie (cats)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Disappearing Testicles!
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 06:49:29 PM »
I would be interested in reading more about this product and may try it on Kyro if I thinkit looks safe. He's now 6 moths and still no manhood showing.
Molo's aren't yet either and he's the same age - at his teenage vet-nurse check she confirmed that although 'small', everything was fine!
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Curtisio

• Site Member
Disappearing Testicles!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 08:27:42 PM »
Thats makes me feel better about Kyro's non-arrival in the testicle dept.  :D  
We know his cousins didn't arrive until 2 years. Our vets it being a real pain about getting him done. We have decided that we do not want to anyway, unless his health is likely to suffer. We think we'll wait until the two years that his cousin had to wait. Thought it maybe an option to consider but if Molo's vet says that there is nothing to worry about then that puts my mind at ease.
Paul - Kyro - Daisy & Cookie (cats)

Offline motobrox

• Site Member
Disappearing Testicles!
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2004, 09:22:39 AM »
Hello, this is the link for the Testosterone, my secretary (pug breeder) has used it successfully many times on her dogs to get there parts to drop. Here is their link, best give them a call to discuss usage and dosage.

http://www.ainsworths.com/site/combination.aspx