Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 1752 times)

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
Insurance
« on: January 05, 2010, 07:32:25 PM »
A quick insurance question - can anyone help with the answer.

Ollie's insurance will be up for renewal in a couple of weeks - I've yet to recieve the quote but I think it will of shot up.

We put a claim in last year when he had his leg x rayed. If we change companies am I right in saying for the 1st year they probably wouldn't cover any problem relating to this leg? And the main question is would they cover it for the 2nd year if we stayed with the same company?

thanks in advance

L&O x

Offline ladylola

• Donator
Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 07:36:42 PM »
I  Don't think any new insurance would cover his leg full stop.

Sasha had a ear infection at 10 weeks, easily  treated but Her ears are not insured.

Classed as pre existing.

Making a claim shouldn't put your premiums either.

Think carefully before changing. If you do ask the question about his leg.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 07:50:25 PM »
Prob won't cover his leg if you switch as will be classed as a pre-existing condition.
NB For anyone thinking of switching if you hide anything when getting a quote it can make your whole policy null and void even for unrelated conditions  ;)
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »
Interesting! I thought it would cover it eventually as there was nothing to be found and if there was nothing wrong in the first year it would!

I'll have to read the small thing if we decide to change. Depending how much they put it up we may have to change - we are on a tight budget this year! But then again Ollie always comes first so we'd find the money some how!!!

thanks

L&O x 

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 07:58:03 PM »
It would be worth giving some of the companies a call and asking their policy on it.
I had to switch my own health cover and was told I could either not cover by back for the first 2 years and then get it added on if no issues, or pay extra for the first 2 years to cover it. I opted to pay more to cover it..and sods law it has been fine  ::)
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 08:02:31 PM »
Will wait to see what Halifax put it up to - then will make the calls if needs be!!!

L&O x

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 09:22:17 PM »
Will wait to see what Halifax put it up to - then will make the calls if needs be!!!

L&O x

I'm with the Halifax, They have put the excess up to a hundred pounds.  It started off at 60 then up to 70 and now a hundred.

Premium went up too, but can't remember how much.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 10:29:57 AM »

L&O x

I'm with the Halifax, They have put the excess up to a hundred pounds.  It started off at 60 then up to 70 and now a hundred.

Premium went up too, but can't remember how much.

yeah last year our excess went up from £50 to £60 - so I'll expect that to go up then!!!

L&O x

Offline superscot

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 10:00:30 AM »
Just had the renewal through this morning from GreenBee and the premium has jumped up by a massive £12 yip just £12 and thats after two claims last year ....an extra pound per month will not be missed so an extremly happy chappie.

Cheers