Author Topic: 'Premier' Companion shows.  (Read 1558 times)

Offline SuperCat

• Murphy
'Premier' Companion shows.
« on: February 16, 2010, 05:45:15 PM »
I was told last year that there was going to be a series of shows for companion dogs with a final like crufts at the end of the year. Although I can't find anything about it ANYWHERE. Has anyone else heard about this?
Crowned 'Biggest Hooligan of the day' Solid Colours Cocker Spaniel Association show 25/4/10.

Offline jennyspin

• Site Member
  • my gorgeous Boyd & Jitka at Master Groom 2012
Re: 'Premier' Companion shows.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 07:51:09 PM »
not heard of that one sweetie, only that some open shows are premier where most BOBs qualify for Crufts. x
Sandlauga cockers
Never assume anything...except an occasional air of intelligence! The Sheriff to Guy of Gisbourne (Richard Carpenter, Robin or Sherwood, Rip 27/02/2012, a writing talent who will be missed).

Offline Dark Side

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 12:09:29 PM »
if you have a look on the kc website under Companion Dog Club, dogs don't need to be pedigree, but have to be registered with the kc's Companion Dog Club.

some compaion shows in the summer hold speacial class's  for Companion Dog Club Only members.

Offline SuperCat

• Murphy
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 02:05:22 PM »
How strange. Maybe it won't start until next year or a false rumour. But was told that there would be these shows which are a kind of amateurs league with, as I said, a big final at the end of the year... How strange.
Crowned 'Biggest Hooligan of the day' Solid Colours Cocker Spaniel Association show 25/4/10.

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 04:02:54 PM »
Are you sure they didn't mean Scrufts?  They hold heats at certain companion shows throughout the year and then have a grande finale at Crufts....... However, it's not for pedigree dogs.
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 04:27:06 PM »
as I said, a big final at the end of the year...

I had a letter for Jasper (who is on the Companion list) inviting him to Discover dogs for Grande finale.  Not sure whether it was due to him winning a couple of Companion classes at fun shows or whether everyone had one  :-\  Unfortunately we couldn't go  :'(

Not heard them refered to as "Premier" and googled on the KC website and couldn't see them mentioned  :huh:

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline SuperCat

• Murphy
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 06:11:37 PM »
Yeah well that's why I'm asking on here. No definitely not Scrufts, plus Murphy's a pedigree!! Maybe it was just an idea someone had at a meeting somewhere... Oh well, maybe something for the future...!

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 06:30:21 PM »
The only thought I had was Scrufts, which does have there big final at Discover dogs, although I'm sure there are plenty of other things going on there as well. I don't think you have to have a non pedigree to enter and they have heats all around the place at other shows.
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 07:23:16 PM »
Yeah well that's why I'm asking on here. No definitely not Scrufts, plus Murphy's a pedigree!! Maybe it was just an idea someone had at a meeting somewhere... Oh well, maybe something for the future...!

Jaspers pedigree (kc registered to us) but still on Companion list too  ;)

I'll keep my eyes open in the doggy press though

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie