Author Topic: Greenbee v More Than  (Read 1291 times)

Offline mark206000

• Site Member
Greenbee v More Than
« on: March 10, 2010, 10:54:09 AM »
Hi everyone,

My, well Ralph's insurance is up for renewal.  I'm currently with Greenbee, it's up to £228 this year.  Up around £40 if I remember right from last year. 

I was looking at more than, they are quoting me £151 for the year.

Greenbee excess is £75 per visit and up tp £7000 per year vet fees
more than £70 + 10% of fees and up to £7000 per illness

£70 is quite a difference and i'd rather not pay it I don't really need to.  He's 4 and has been insured since we've had him, no claims as yet.

In your opinions is the £70 difference worth it ?

Thanks,
Mark  :huh:

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Re: Greenbee v More Than
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 11:04:53 AM »
Does that include lifetime cover for any illness?  I am with M&S.  I pay almost £240 for one dog and £204 for the other.  I think it is also £70 excess but everything is covered, including lifetime cover and obscure things like acupuncture, prescription food, petrol money if you have to go to another vet hospital, kenneling fees and money for when they sadly die.  I did think it was over the top but as I have already claimed for the prescription food and almost used the fuel money back option now I wouldn't change it at all. :blink:
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 11:34:29 AM »
Be careful with the More Than excess.  My first cocker was insured with More Than, and my one and only claim has been with them.  I ended up paying over £500 for the excess because of the 10% excess.  However they did pay out very prompty for the claim (within a week).

You might want to have a look at Healthy Pets - very reasonable monthly premiums and a choice of hi or low excess.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline black taz

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 01:02:40 PM »
i am with Healthy pets.  Their cover is as good as the Kennel Club at half the price, and i have claimed twice and they pay promptly without having to jump through hoops.

the have two options of excess, plus 3 levels of cover as well dependant on your budget