Author Topic: Sainsbury' s insurance  (Read 1747 times)

Offline mezzaj

• Donator
  • Lucy and Baby Bailey
Sainsbury' s insurance
« on: March 14, 2010, 02:14:23 PM »
Hi folks, has anybody had any dealings with sainsbury's insurance please ?  They are offering 12 months for the price of 9  with up to £7,500 per condition for £10.49 per mth.  Its like walking through a mine field searching all the various insurance companies.  I feel I could really do with some of the COLers good advice on insurance. I thought I would try and get the life time cover. My Oh insisted we would not insure Lucy, but I think I am finally getting round him to my way of thinking that she should definately be insured. To me its the sensible thing to do.  I've told him if doG forgive anything should happen to her the vet's bill could be immense. 

(I've also told him Lucy would like a brother but that's another story.... :005:)

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
Re: Sainsbury' s insurance
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 03:04:52 PM »
I haven't used Sainsbury's so can't really advise you but I thought it looked quite good.. It's all a very complicated tbh and designed to be that way I suspect... ::)

I've had dogs 9 years now but only been insuring for the last couple of years. To be honest, I've been lucky and actually insuring before now would have been a waste of time and cost me more than any of the vets bills I'd had - that I could have claimed on. I'm paying £24 a month for 2 dogs now and I've just submitted a claim (my first one) for nearly £400 for treatment after an Adder bite BUT, I agreed to more blood tests etc than was probably necessary because I knew it was covered.

I'm still a bit in two minds about it all - it is expensive and we could afford to treat a serious problem if one arose, so I'm still not convinced it's totally worth it and we might just be better putting the money into a separate account every month. Having 3rd party insurance does give me peace of mind because that's a different kettle of fish...

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline aliceandlouis

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 03:10:40 PM »
Choosing Insurers - what a mine-field as you say.  Sainsbury's was a Which? best buy about 15 months ago (hence both of ours are insured with them cos they offer discount for second pet insured) - we have always insured our pets but that probably says more about us and our attitude to risk taking than anything else :005:  Sorry not to be of more help.

Offline leisl

• Donator
  • Hi-Life PAT Dog of the Year!
    • Muppet - PAT Dog of the Year Winner 2010/2011
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 04:46:02 PM »
We have sainsburys and have found them really good, they paid out quickly for Muppets lump and premium is reasonable for the cover.
Leisl, Muppet & Krumble
Orange ones are more juicy!!

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 04:55:11 PM »
I am with Sainsburys  and i was gobsmacked when the renewal was actually cheaper with 10 months for the price of 12. I am so used to everything increasing. Haven't had to claim yet but the cover looked as good as any other i had looked at and the premium was very competitive
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline xlynnx

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 07:05:36 PM »
I am also with sainsbury's with no problems as yet and i am also getting double nectar points for 2 years :D
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline Annie's Mum

• Donator
  • Annie Cocker & Maisie Cav
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 07:06:49 PM »
might look at Sainsburys..Im with tesco and its 12 month of illness only..is Sainsburys life of illness ??
Sarah owned by Maisie & Annie

Offline mezzaj

• Donator
  • Lucy and Baby Bailey
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 07:44:16 PM »
Well folks I have persuaded my OH to get the Sainbury's insurance for Lucy - many thanks for your help!

Annie's Mum - I'm not too sure if it's life of illness, but it is up to £7.500 per condition if that helps. Maybe if you find out more you could let me know? Or perhaps somebody wiser than myself will let us both know.

Now if only I could persuade my OH to let Lucy have a little brother.............................................