Author Topic: Cockers And Decorating  (Read 929 times)

Offline Curtisio

• Site Member
Cockers And Decorating
« on: November 11, 2004, 01:50:56 PM »
Kyro, at just 6 months, obviously does daft puppy things. Although he now does sit, down, wait, stay and leave it, maybe, if there is something new to distract him he occasionally plays deaf.

Last night while doing some more decorating in the front room I had the white emulsion out to do the coving. Well, Black cocker - White paint, you can probably guess the rest...

On pouring some paint out in to a jar, I inadvertently spilt a little on to the bare floor boards. Kyro was 'supervising' at the time. I told him to 'leave it' (the spilt paint) whilst I went into the kitchen to get a cloth. About 10 secs later I heard small footsteps following me. I turned around to see a small black puppy looking up, so innocently at me, Totally oblivious to his newly acquired white nose and ear tips.

One of those moments you wished you had the camera with you...
 :P  
Paul - Kyro - Daisy & Cookie (cats)

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Cockers And Decorating
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 02:58:14 PM »
Awwwwww what a lovely boy Kyro is wanting to help you and he was even prepared to use his little ears as paint brushes  :P  :lol:  
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Louie

• Limited Member
    • http://www.dreamistcockerspaniels.co.uk
Cockers And Decorating
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 03:25:22 PM »
When i was decorating our hallway a couple of weeks ago, Tina who is nearly eight years old now decided to investigate what was in the paint tray while i was up the ladders  :o . She ended up with Brazilian bronze coloured paint on her lips and the ends of her ears! It must be a Cocker thing  <_<  dragging their ears through alsorts, just as well it was emulsion and not gloss  :rolleyes: .

Offline Maria

• Site Member
Cockers And Decorating
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 03:26:21 PM »
Yes black cockers and white paint - I think they are magnetically attracted. I was using white gloss paint a while ago, and Boysie was in the middle of the room 'supervising', as Kyro did. I swear he did not move. Yet when I went to wash the brushes out he had a white go-faster stripe all down one side. They do make you laugh don't they?

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Cockers And Decorating
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 03:36:35 PM »
We're in the process of decorating at the moment, a mammoth job as we're all open plan  :o  :ph34r: Butty has been fine really, she's even sussed that while the carpets lifted on the stairs she has to go up a certain way to miss the gripper rods  :unsure:  Not had any painted paws yet but she doesn't like it when I'm up the ladder she panics and barks until I get down  :rolleyes:  

Offline AmandaA

• Site Member
Cockers And Decorating
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2004, 03:46:05 PM »
Last year my tree was down more than it was up. It looked good for a day.  
Amanda, Lennox,Molly,Jasmine,Lotte & Ruby & Doogie xxxx