Author Topic: Argos insurance claims - so far so good  (Read 1662 times)

Offline JeffandAnnie

Argos insurance claims - so far so good
« on: April 26, 2010, 06:32:04 PM »
Argos has paid up Jeff's first claim already, less than the 10 working days specified after it was submitted. Really straightforward to claim, no quibbles. Just the tummy op one to go so fingers crossed they are as efficient (though that's going directly to the vet so I'm not quite so bothered  ;) )

Offline irened

Re: Argos insurance claims - so far so good
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 02:52:05 PM »
Do they pay the vet direct? that is one of my worries. My vets do not expect payment right away if you have pet insurance but not all insurance companys would do this

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 03:03:40 PM »
Do they pay the vet direct? that is one of my worries. My vets do not expect payment right away if you have pet insurance but not all insurance companys would do this

Thats true, my vet only accepts direct payment from Petplan.  Mind you when Indie was being treated they made an exception (guess I've been a good customer).
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline Doggiecrazy

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 04:56:31 PM »
Our vets only usually except direct payment from pet plan as they know they will pay out for everything.
One cocker leads to another...

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 02:32:48 PM »

Greenbee pay my vets direct, as did M&S when I was with them. However I think it also depends on whether you vet wants to do this.

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 07:17:38 PM »
OK, all claims paid promptly, some direct to vet and some to me (depending on what I asked them to do, there's a tick box on the claim form so you can choose). One was a continuation claim. Overall very happy, no quibbling, short, easy form, prompt payment (less than 10 working days) for each claim. Total over £1,000.

However, it'll be interesting to see what happens to the premiums next year  :-\

Offline rubyduby

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 07:36:13 PM »
Argos pay direct, you get the dog seen to, the vet has to sign or tick something and the they claim direct...Argos was the best value for money I found so i am heartened by this result

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 08:26:31 PM »
Argos pay direct, you get the dog seen to, the vet has to sign or tick something and the they claim direct...Argos was the best value for money I found so i am heartened by this result

The vet doesn't have to sign anything - a lot of insurance companies say they can pay vets directly but its entirely upto your vets whether they choose to accept this option - they don't have to.   Mine will only accept payment from Petplan incase the insurance company do not pay up I guess.