Author Topic: Registration question  (Read 781 times)

Offline weenieangel

Registration question
« on: May 03, 2010, 10:41:51 PM »
Hi not sure if i have posted in correct section ?

Charley who we rescued is KC reg as are his parents / i have a copy of 5 Gen pedigree.

Thing is the kennel owner of the not so nice place we rescued him from will not sign the transfer of ownership form :( i cannot do it on line as out of the timeframe from paper / postal version to online whereby the new owners can do it. So as it stands we own him, but still registered under the other ladies name.

So my question is can i register him at all in my name to enable us to participate in Companion shows ( i understand these are open to non KC reg dogs and are normally fun type shows) or in therory as he is registered could he enter any show ? or does it have to have his Reg and me as an owner ?

Im being very optimistic here even asking  ;) just had a few comments about whether he is shown a Judge met my dad over the park today and asked the same, not a Cocker judge, he had 4 Labs with him, so just got me pondering whether we could enter any novice shows at all or maybe an assesment type thing - he may get laughed out of the venue !!!!

As an aside note if anyone could let me know the difference with Show " titles " that would be great too :)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: Registration question
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 10:49:52 PM »
Your dog doesn't have to be registered at all to enter Companion Shows so you've got no worries there - you simply turn up on the day and enter him under his pet name, no other details needed. If you wanted to enter the more serious KC shows (Open, Championship etc), then yes your dog needs to be KC registered in your name but otherwise it's not an issue.

Not sure what you mean about show "titles" - do you mean the titles dogs can win at shows or perhaps you're asking about the different types of shows?
Jane

Offline weenieangel

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 10:56:34 PM »
Hi sorry i meant the different " types " of shows :)

Thanks for the reply regarding Charley having to be KC reg AND in my name - no hope of that happening :( nevermind i'm sure he will enjoy being a Hooligan at fun shows  :005:

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 11:04:15 PM »
Thanks for the reply regarding Charley having to be KC reg AND in my name - no hope of that happening :( nevermind i'm sure he will enjoy being a Hooligan at fun shows  :005:

Absolutely :D If you ever fancied taking part in other activities like agility, you could register Charlie on the Activities Register (which is open to all dogs including cross-breeds). It's only formal KC conformation shows where the dog has to be registered on the breed register in your name.

If you want more info on showing generally, there's a sticky thread HERE with quite a few links which might be helpful.
Jane

Offline weenieangel

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 11:12:25 PM »
Thanks again :)

We have a fun show agility, novelty, obedience etc at our training field where we attend classes on 23rd May if anyone local to me wants to come along - Junc 24/25 of the M25 ( Enfield outskirts near where we went for our COL meet up )

Do you have such things as assesment classes of Cocker breeds ( i have chinchillas and before you enter a competition you can get assesment from a judge - separate class to give you feed back on your animal, as to what if any classes you could participate, in a future event or told kindly to go home and love your pet lol )