Author Topic: Pet Insurance - Healthy Pets  (Read 1747 times)

Offline wendy

• Site Member
    • http://www.luthame.net
Pet Insurance - Healthy Pets
« on: May 05, 2010, 06:18:27 AM »
Hi

I am going to have to put in quite a substantial claim into Healthy Pets, never had to claim before, does anyone have this insurer? if so how easy was it to make a claim - I have the option of the vet doing it directly (for a small admin fee) or we can get a form etc - not sure what to do.

Really stressed  :'( at the moment so want it to be as easy as it possible can be.

Wendy
Visit our new website
www.luthame.net

Dogs leave paw prints on your heart

Offline Mrs T

• Donator
  • Harry 30/6/94-11/1/10
Re: Pet Insurance - Healthy Pets
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 09:18:16 AM »
I have Phoebe insured with Healthy Pets and have made two claims already.   I rang them each time to get a claim form which was received within a couple of days. My vet then completed and submitted the form.  Each time I received a letter to confirm that the claim had been accepted and that the cheque was being processed and eventually the cheque arrived, within two weeks on both occasions.  (My vet doesn't do direct payments.)

So far, I have been impressed with Healthy Pets customer service and think they give value for money.   My premium is £125 per year and I have already claimed over £500 in less than 18 months (Phoebe had tests for a skin condition).

Hope this helps.

Phoebe went to the Bridge on 25/11/2012   :luv:

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 11:07:45 AM »
I've only had to make one claim with Healthy Pets but found them very easy to deal with. I phoned for a claim form, the person on the other end of the phone was very pleasant and the form was sent out straight away (I wonder why they don't have a downloadable claim form?). I had to pay the vet first, wasn't given any other option, but the cheque came quickly anyway.
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 11:13:18 AM »
I am also with Healthy Pets. I have made one claim a couple of years ago, and they paid up reasonsbly quickly :D

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 11:22:20 AM »
Wendy - if you are feeling stressed is it worth the small admin fee so you don't have to worry about it??
It sounds as if they are a 'customer friendly' company, but if it takes a weight off your mind, I'd pay the admin fee and not have the stress

Big hugs to you, hope the stress is over soon  :luv:
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline Emmylou

• Site Member
  • Cosby and Boo!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 12:13:35 PM »
We've claimed a couple of times inc one large claim (over £1500) and another for an ongoing problem and we've never had any problems.  it's just a case of filling in the form and posting back - they have never queried/questioned or asked for more info on any of our claims and we've always received the money fairly quickly.

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 12:26:49 PM »
We have made 2 smallish claims,absolutely no problems and was paid out quite quickly  :blink:

They are also very helpful on the phone.
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 12:46:56 PM »
Have then but not claimmed
I would get the vet to do it this time Wendy. You have enough on
Sarah Dyllan Tyke and Lance

www.brimbeck.co.uk

Offline black taz

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 01:20:05 PM »
the vet needs to sign it anyway

Offline PennyB

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 12:06:01 AM »
the vet needs to sign it anyway

and also needs to fill in the section that vets fill in re treatment etc  or at least add what is on their computer (mine does as a receipt/invoice doesn't really tell everything) - my vets will often add the printout of treatment as well fo rthe more substantial stuff.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!