Author Topic: Advice please!!  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Betty

Advice please!!
« on: June 07, 2010, 04:36:37 PM »
Now that Roxy has had her second lots of jabs we have been a bit more adventurous.  Today we went to a preschool where my friend is the supervisor.  She had lots of lovely new toes there to eat!!  She loved it and even took to the preschool dog they have got.

Our free 4 weeks petplan insurance is about to run out (I can't believe we've had her 4 weeks!).  I'm wondering what insurance you all have - what seems to be the best/popular cover?

Offline VickyG

• Holly & Henry - Double trouble!!
Re: Advice please!!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 04:54:34 PM »
Once Henry's free petplan ran out we carried on with petplan as we've always used it for our moggies.  I think we pay about £25 month and we went for the full life time coverage so if he gets ill they cover him for all his life rather than just the first year.  As with any insurance it's a bit hit and miss but Henry had a cherry eye as a young pupster and had it operated on and now we give him optimmune eye drops for the rest of his life which costs £40 for a small tube so for us petplan is superb as if we had none it would have cost us thousands  ph34r
New baby cocker who is arriving on Friday will also be put on with petplan  ;)
cocker spaniels make everything ok

Offline VickyG

• Holly & Henry - Double trouble!!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 04:58:40 PM »
whow thought I lost my post then as I just posted this in puppies (i think), I've been on this board for years but never knew there was a seperate board just for insurance  ph34r :dunno: :021: must be those mods moving stuff again  :005:
cocker spaniels make everything ok

Offline rupertsmum

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 05:04:48 PM »
we went with AXA for Rupert.

They have really good coverage, payout quickly and were a good price compared to other popular ones (pet plan, m&s etc). They got really good reviews on Money Saving Expert.com as well so might be worth a look there for some more advice

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 05:10:18 PM »
My girls are  both with Sainsbury insurance and it costs me just under £24 for BOTH girls.
It is lifetime cover and this year the premiums even went down  :D
I had Petplan for my previous dog and I didn't find it very good, expensive and not as comprehensive as Sainsburys  ;)
As with everything, you have to look around and compare what is best for YOU.
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 06:02:28 PM »
Alfie is with Greenbee. Just over £14 a month, with everything lifetime cover etc,etc. Meg isnt insured, she used to be with Argos but we didnt renew it a few years back, not sure why xxx
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline Alfiethecocker

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 06:05:34 PM »
Alfie is with Greenbee. Just over £14 a month, with everything lifetime cover etc,etc. Meg isnt insured, she used to be with Argos but we didnt renew it a few years back, not sure why xxx

we've just got Alfie insured with Argos, i think its costs about £12 and its life cover  :lol2:

Offline tigs71

• Evie's Cake Design
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 06:14:22 PM »
I remember very well searching through the many insurance options.  In the end I opted to go with HSBC.  The monthly cost for the first year was £13.43 - I am now in my second year and the premiums have gone down  :D  Life time cover (with the usual 'as long as you renew' stipulation), £7500 per year for vet costs with lots of other great benefits including good third party liabilty cover.
Elaine & Mason X

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 06:50:35 PM »
Healthy Pets here - £25 for 3 dogs on their Silver cover (still have to add Ellie)
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
  • Woofie 5.5.1999 - 29.4.13
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 07:56:28 PM »
We have just had our renewals through from M&S. £23 for Maddie and £45 for Woofie  ph34r

ETA Sorry the advice there was that M&S are Bl&&&&y expensive!

Lisa, Maddie and Woofie (now at the bridge) xx

Offline Sue E

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 08:45:12 PM »
Argos here too - no problem with claims either  ;)

Offline Betty

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 02:24:35 PM »
We went with Argos - thanks for all your advice!! :lol2: